Tranny Fluid shooting out of dipstick

Tim Barnum

I finally got my over boosting problem fixed and now the new th 400 tranny is shooting tranny fliud out of the dipstick hole when i take off. Does anyone know what could be going wrong now? It has a 3500 stall converter. Thanks Tim

What dipstick are you using? One cure is to put a later model dipstick in it. The newer ones have a lever, when locked down, they seal the dipstick tube.:)

It's the old school style, I'll try the new style. Any thoughts on why it would all of a sudden start doing that? Thank Tim

It pressurizing the trans case and cant get out vent for some reason. on th 400's if you mix and match pump halves and bodies this will sometime happen. Ck for a clear vent tube and if its plugged that could very well be your problem.

Bruce
We4
www.ptsnctb.com

Bruce has some good points. If the transmission has done this since it was installed, those are some distinct possibilities.

I was thinking that you could possibly have a ruptured diaphragm in your vacuum modulator allowing boost to pressurize the sump. Ruptured modulators will also allow fluid to be slowly sucked out of the transmission and through the engine. (That happened to me once on my GS. That's when I learned that a TH-400 will work on 10W-30 Quaker State as that was all I had in the trunk to pour in it roadside.:p)