tranny questions for the xperts

wicked6

I recently had a 2800 stall converter installed that replaced the stock D5. It is a 12" lock-up. I noticed two things.

1) Sometimes I have trouble in getting my keys out of the ignition when in Park. Seems like it really is not in park at all. I then have to shift out of Park and then firmly shift back in Park so that I can get my keys.

2) I am riding around the city mostly @3000 rpm and having problems up shifting. I either have to step on it to get it to shift or feather the gas pedal for it to shift gears. Never had this before the change. Is this normal for high stall converters. I thought that the shift points would be the same and the only way I would feel the difference between the two converters was when I stepped on it or power braked.

Is it the Converter or a installation problem? I would like to know what could the possibilities be before I go back and have them fix it? This way I can suggest what the problems are and make sure they do not try to f*&k me.

I really appreciate the help

1) Your shift linkage needs to be readjusted. See this diagram. When the transmission was removed, it came out of adjustment.

2) Your TV Cable adjustment may be off. It's an easy procedure and can be found at gnttype.org.

Man Greg as I was reading his post I was thinking the exact same thing. Man weird....:):):)

Greg , you gonna make the trans forum thing?

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com