You can type here any text you want

Trans, Injectors, And Chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GRANDNATIONAL6

IVE GOT AN 85 GN THAT IS COMPLETLY STOCK. THE ENGINE HAS 500 MILES ON IT ON A COMPLETE REBUILD. IVE PULLED MY TRANS AS IT IS SOON TO ALSO BE REBUILT. I WANT MORE POWER, BUT ON A BUDGET. SHOULD I INSTALL A STALL CONVERTOR, DIFFERENT CHIP, AND DIFFERENT INJECTORS? IF SO, WHAT STALL SPEED, CHIP, AND INJECTOR SIZE, WITH OUT ANY FORSEEN PROBLEMS. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS, START IT, AND NOTICE A VERY NOTICEABLE DIFFERANCE WITHOUT TAKING IT TO A DEALERSHIP TO GET IT RUNNING RIGHT AGAIN.

Upgrades !!!

On a mostly stock motor 36-37lb injectors w/chip, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, ATR downpipe, up pipe, 2600-2800 stall converter. You'll be in the game and ready for more upgrades from there. Not too big an injector for stock not too small for a upgraded turbo.

At this point taking it to the dealership is not the answer.

Post in the trans section for suggestions of what mods to make on the trans while you are having it rebuilt since U will be into it. You can go pretty far on a stock converter.

If your car is completely stock you should really do the basics first..... upgraded fuel pump W/ hotwire, adj fpr, adj wg, accurate gauges, some type of scan tool, a free flowing exhaust.

Before I bought a hotair chip, I'd do the 87 ecm swap.

Back