Trans. work in Durham, NC area

V6POWER

Is there a good trans. builder in the Durham/Raleigh, NC area? I am considering having my trans. rebuilt with harder parts and maybe a higher stall converter. Thanks.

I drive a wrecker in the triangle area, and recommend Jakes Transmission on Hillsborough rd in Durham to everyone. They have built a couple of transmissions for me, and I have been very pleased with there work.

Turbo Tune

Give Mark a call at Turbo Tune in Greensboro. Not too far from you to get a good rebuild. 336-378-1252

They do it all and do it well......Oh and btw "cyabye" you need to edit your profile...your worn out 85 GN is the one sitting in my driveway now...........:eek:

every once in awhile. the cat does work strange hours so can't rag him too much..saw the new we-4 recently and it's pretty nice. can't wait for that one to blow up, I want it!;) Oh yeah, I had that 85 T-type also.....

I would definetly get with Richie Kibler.. I met with him last week and he is going to do some work for me. He mentioned that it is critical the parts/strength of the components are there and done right.. Anyone can rebuild the 200r4 but they dont last.. My rebuild from the previous owner is half-azzed and shifts horribly with only about 15k on it..

Thanks for the info. One other question: does Richie do the work or does he send it out to someone?

I beleive he farms that peice of it out to a place in TX.. I think he specs it and sends it off.