You can type here any text you want

Translator Plus Settings Question?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yankee John

I bought a used Translator plus (no idea what version) from a board member and installed it along with an LT1 MAF today. As a side note, with the original MAF, My car had a slightly rough idle and an occasional miss while idling. Sorta like a car with a hot cam in it.

I set the Translator unit to the base settings for my combo; dip switches on, on, on, off, then the Base switch to number "3" for the 3" LT1 MAF, and then the WOT switch to "0" no change.

When I started it up, It idled like crap- barely ran at all. I tried the other settings for the 3" MAF , but no change. I then tried the 3.5" MAF settings, and I found that it idled great when set on #1- For the 3.5" sensor with 10% rich at idle.

Is it unusual for the car to run better on a Translator setting for different size MAF, or does it indicate that I may have other problems? It idles pretty nice now, although a bit low for my tastes (fluctuates between 575-625 RPM). I'm certain that I have vacumn leak(s).

Thanks in advance for any advice and comments!

John

Mine is set the same way, runs best set for 3.5 in MAF.Using a 3 inch.Cant tell you why.

check your performance at WOT

I tried same thing with 3.5" MAF settings & had good idle but had some stumble & KR at WOT. I reset the MAF base at #4 (3" MAF richer at idle) & was able to adjust the other T+ parameters for a good idle & good WOT performance - pump gas 93 octane only. I had to run the car for 10 - 15 minutes at least, to check performance after changing T+ settings. :smile:

Back