You can type here any text you want

Transmission oil line routing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lunkan

Crazy? Me? :-P
I FINALLY got my transmission back, and into the car. I cut the old lines (as the nuts was in such a bad shape that I could not loosen them), but after all this wainting, I´ve forgot how the lines for the oil cooling was routed.

On the transmission:
The upper is hot oil out, and should go to the upper on the radiator?
The lower is cooled oil in, and should come from the lower on the radiator?

I also have a large SOB cooler infront of the radiator

Thanks,
/Andreas, VERY confused

The stock set up on my tta is the top fitting (pressure out) on the trans leads to the bottom fitting of the stock cooler. And the top opening on the cooler leads to the bottom (in) fitting on the trans.

hope this helps............

My service manual supports what ballistic 6 says. "Hot" oil always goes in to the bottom of G.M. Trans coolers, and returns to the transmission from the top of the cooler. So There.!!!!! Turbota.

Great, thank You guys.

Should the top one (from radiator) go to the bottom one in my extra cooler too, or doesn´t that one matter?

/Andreas

the top opening from the stock cooler should go to your aftermarket cooler and the output from your aftermarket cooler should go to the bottom opening of your trans.

Back