You can type here any text you want

True story,summer 97

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
So, my future wife and I are crusin in the T. Windows down,probably some GnR on the stereo and a beautiful day! I arrived at a light that took forever to change, thats when I saw it coming in the mirror. I knew this was going to be a whipping for me. Red mustang coupe with a white hood and that unmistaken sound of the blower. I glanced over and looked away. I wanted NO part of that. At the time my car was stock except for the 3" exhaust,chip,regulator and k/n. Well, my wife gets this guys attention *who knows how ;) and belts out "you wanna run?" I was shocked! Stunned! Now, my heart is racing and im thinking Im going to look like a fool! What the hell was she thinking? She never does stuff like that! Now im thinking OK, calm down and give it your all. So this dude in the stang is blipping the throttle and getting all jacked up with the clutch while I hold the brakes as hard as I could and brought boost up just tad. I was watching the opposing stop light looking for the jump. I see it turn yellow so more throttle and the tires are barely turning now. GREEN and Im off with a whoosh of boost and barely any tire spin. I glance in my side mirror and see him falling back. So I stay in it enjoying the moment. I lifted at 120+MPH on the scanmaster and turned right onto a side road as the sh*tstang goes straight and never looks back.
I got lucky twice that nite:cool:

So a month passes and Im hanging at this place called the BIG CHICKEN. Every Thursday night just north of ATL alot of different people would gather in this huge parking lot (Really a KFC in Marietta). There would be everything from built mustangs to low riders to stereo junkies. About 300 people and cars. Every one knew just about everyone since wed park and just hang near our cars. Lots of girls and bikes but the cops were always around breaking up donuts and burnouts and the such. Anyway this dude comes over and asks if I had raced a stang about a month ago. So I inquired what he had heard. Thinking the whole time that this blown mustang smoked a turbo buick and that he was running his soon to be fat mouth about it. Shockingly, He said he had heard otherwise. I poked my chest out a bit and wandered in the glory. The guy then says you just down right drove away and never lifted! I told him I was adding insult to injury and that it felt G O O D!!!!

Havent had a race like that in well....9 years, still have her too but, shes grown evil since my first street race!

BTS

Great Race

So you "still have her too but, shes grown evil since my first street race!"
- you mean the wife or the car? Haha, JK. Good representing there.

I can't wait until I can rep for TB's man...

I'm going straight after the Euro trash and Ricers!

Hey ....I was the guy in the stang!!!!

HOLY CRAP!!!!! I remember that day!!!! That was you!!! My old car was an 89 LX 4cyl with bad rings and no exhaust. Your girlfriend? I really thought that there were two men in the car. When I pulled up to the light I was thinking, "What a nice looking Cutlass." I started revving my motor cause in wouldn't stay running at idle and when I looked over and you were sweating really bad and piercing a hole in the light. I was thinking this guy is on something. I remember flooring it when the light turned green and after I adjusted the volume on the radio I looked over and saw your radar detector thingy reading 645 02s and 26 knock. Whatever that means. Your boost guage was like at 8lbs. I was thinking why does a cutlass need a boost guage? I guess it could have been a clock. Your car was pinging like crazy. Sounded like a ping pong tournament in a glass room with multiple balls flying around. I really thought it was going to blow up! Thank God you turned off, I was getting nervous. I was totally thinking FIRE. I can see it now.....Two guys burned in an 80s cutlass. News at 11:00. Glad you made it OK. I can only imagine that you made some improvements to the car.

Oh!....... and by the way Big Turbo Scott,

how big is it? Read my combo at the bottom of my post. :)

That day

how big is it? Read my combo at the bottom of my post. :)

Yea, I remember that day too turdclam, Too bad u spent all the money to build a 347 stroker with big heads and intake and CO2 just to get crushed,defeated,and humiliated by a lil v6 making 1 pound of boost. Hell, that day I was using my MDS system so three cylinders at that! Did you smell something as I left that day,front end pointing to the sky,dragging the rear bumper? I was injecting orange juice for maxium RDA of acidic substances! Listen Im not here to bash you infront of all the board members but they want the truth! And the truth is you cant handle the truth! Oh, That Schumacherfarfromlosingtou guy should get his head checked for spending countless hours prepping those 12 precious springs in a sweatshop with the heat on! Didnt he assemble your engine too? Driving over 3500 miles in 1st gear ten weekends in a row to get it done so that you could prance around in a salmon(its not pink damnit) 78 turbo regal?

Yes, I did win and its F'n HUGE peewee!

P.s I still love you:mad:

Clam is joking hes from around the atlanta area...I've been to quite a few of those gatherings back in the day at the big chicken...matter of fact I work about 5 miles from there now.

Clam is joking hes from around the atlanta area...I've been to quite a few of those gatherings back in the day at the big chicken...matter of fact I work about 5 miles from there now.

I know, Harry clam and I are friends. We went to highschool together and his car spent a couple years at my parents house with the engine out! Mike and I are still close friends today although I now reside in Charlotte. Were even going to the Nats together...as a couple!:eek:

Scott

HOLY CRAP!!!!! I remember that day!!!! That was you!!! My old car was an 89 LX 4cyl with bad rings and no exhaust. Your girlfriend? I really thought that there were two men in the car. When I pulled up to the light I was thinking, "What a nice looking Cutlass." I started revving my motor cause in wouldn't stay running at idle and when I looked over and you were sweating really bad and piercing a hole in the light. I was thinking this guy is on something. I remember flooring it when the light turned green and after I adjusted the volume on the radio I looked over and saw your radar detector thingy reading 645 02s and 26 knock. Whatever that means. Your boost guage was like at 8lbs. I was thinking why does a cutlass need a boost guage? I guess it could have been a clock. Your car was pinging like crazy. Sounded like a ping pong tournament in a glass room with multiple balls flying around. I really thought it was going to blow up! Thank God you turned off, I was getting nervous. I was totally thinking FIRE. I can see it now.....Two guys burned in an 80s cutlass. News at 11:00. Glad you made it OK. I can only imagine that you made some improvements to the car.

dam this **** is pretty funny !:biggrin:

Back