You can type here any text you want

Trunk lid Fuse

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

crazqban

The Power of the DarkSide
The trunk motor on my TTA is stuck at the bottom. I checked the fuse in the fuse box and it has power also there is power to the trunk. Does anyone know if there is a way to make sure that it is the motor, and not something else? is there a way to trigger the motor.:confused:

There's a little switch botton that operates the light...push it down (its beside the latch mechanism) and the mechanism should come up.

FYI, the hatch assemblies on these cars are not built very strong. If some dumbass slams the hatch down or even gets rammy with it the plastic guides will break. This in turn will stress the motor to pull the hatch up and down, that's if you're lucky it does move. The hatch motors and parts are expensive (150 or so for a "kit" of parts that may or may not be available) and some parts aren't made anymore and then you have the whole certain years only stuff. So word to the wise, when you go do your junkyarding and come across these and you know it's the right one, grab 'em. Get the relay's also. I owned a well optioned TPI z28 for 8 years and done everything to the car cause it was rode hard when I got it. If anyone has problems fbody related feel free to pm. Just trying to be a nice guy;)

Back