You can type here any text you want

Trunk lid speaker size?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85HOT-T

What size are the trunk lid speakers. Crutchfield is not giving me anything.

Thanks

will 6x9's work

Would it be better not to run these?

I want a good sounding stereo system. Ganna have 2 10"s in the trunk and dont want that boom boom boom, and thats all you hear. I want to bring the sound to life.

Any suggestions?

Unfortunately no. Not without some body surgery. I tried last weekend.

I have seen 2-way 4x10's, I may try those and see what they sound like.
If I can find some Pioneers.

85HOT-T said:
will 6x9's work

Would it be better not to run these?

I want a good sounding stereo system. Ganna have 2 10"s in the trunk and dont want that boom boom boom, and thats all you hear. I want to bring the sound to life.

Any suggestions?
yes 6x9 speakers will fit,they make adapters for this...i had them and now i have built a box and included a custom panel for the back that has a proper hole for the 6x9s and a port hole in the center for bass......

They used to sell pioneer 4 way 4x10 Circuit City for around 100$. Thats where I got mine and they sound good! :cool:

tommynos said:
yes 6x9 speakers will fit,they make adapters for this...i had them and now i have built a box and included a custom panel for the back that has a proper hole for the 6x9s and a port hole in the center for bass......

Where do you get these adapters? What is involved? Is it more of a pain than what its worth? Any cutting?

Thanks,
Matt

Matt, you still live in Ypsi? I live in the Dexter/Chelsea area :-)

just about any audio store can get you the 6x9 --> 4x10 adapters. They are inexpensive and easy to install. The only problem I had when I used them is my 6x9's were tall with the magnets and they hit the trunk lid spring bars :-(

Here is an example of them.........

http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p34974182?sourceid=235

Renthorin said:
Matt, you still live in Ypsi? I live in the Dexter/Chelsea area :-)

just about any audio store can get you the 6x9 --> 4x10 adapters. They are inexpensive and easy to install. The only problem I had when I used them is my 6x9's were tall with the magnets and they hit the trunk lid spring bars :-(

Here is an example of them.........

http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p34974182?sourceid=235

Sweet! How familiar are you with car audio? It would be sweet to have someone knowlageable helpen me out.

I can hold my own with casual installations but nothing too radical.

I have a Pioneer CD player in my GN with a 12" sub in a sealed box on the floor behind the driver's seat (you can't even tell it is there but you get a nice back massage when you listen to Linkin Park).

I ran 8 gauge wire from the battery to the amp in the trunk and hid all the wiring in black plastic 'loom' I think is what they call it :-)

Sound I might be able to help

Check these out. DAve

Attachments

• 100_1195.JPG
    100_1195.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 162
zeus87gn said:
Unfortunately no. Not without some body surgery. I tried last weekend.

I have seen 2-way 4x10's, I may try those and see what they sound like.
If I can find some Pioneers.

Patrick,

Remind me to show you my rear speaks tomorrow (6X9 with adapters) that required no cutting. 6X9's offer up a world of improved bass freqencies over the 4X10's.

plenty of room for stuff :biggrin:

Attachments

• Picture 177.jpg
    Picture 177.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 136
Like what?

Man what could you fit in that? Maybe a happy meal! Or a couple pencils! LOL Just busting you up, looks real good! Very professional! Nice job.
DAve

Evaddave 87gn said:
Man what could you fit in that? Maybe a happy meal! Or a couple pencils! LOL Just busting you up, looks real good! Very professional! Nice job.
DAve
i can fit 1 bag of groceries,in the center :D

Tommy I love the plexiglass with the steched logo. That really sets it off. Sweet looking box!

Evans Ward said:
Patrick,

Remind me to show you my rear speaks tomorrow (6X9 with adapters) that required no cutting. 6X9's offer up a world of improved bass freqencies over the 4X10's.

Evans,

Sorry, didn't see your posting and obviously forgot to mention it. I have an old set of Pioneer 6x9's that match my dash speakers. I know they still work and would love to put them back into service. I just installed a new Pioneer head unit last night and can't wait to get some adapters. I didn't know they existed. Do you have any problems with the speakers getting in the way of the hinge springs (as previously mentioned)? Then I will only have to replace the doors pleakers and 'presto chango' I have fresh concert sound again!

Back