Trunk lid speaker size?

will 6x9's work

Would it be better not to run these?

I want a good sounding stereo system. Ganna have 2 10"s in the trunk and dont want that boom boom boom, and thats all you hear. I want to bring the sound to life.

Any suggestions?
 
Unfortunately no. Not without some body surgery. I tried last weekend.

I have seen 2-way 4x10's, I may try those and see what they sound like.
If I can find some Pioneers.
 
85HOT-T said:
will 6x9's work

Would it be better not to run these?

I want a good sounding stereo system. Ganna have 2 10"s in the trunk and dont want that boom boom boom, and thats all you hear. I want to bring the sound to life.

Any suggestions?
yes 6x9 speakers will fit,they make adapters for this...i had them and now i have built a box and included a custom panel for the back that has a proper hole for the 6x9s and a port hole in the center for bass......
 
They used to sell pioneer 4 way 4x10 Circuit City for around 100$. Thats where I got mine and they sound good! :cool:
 
tommynos said:
yes 6x9 speakers will fit,they make adapters for this...i had them and now i have built a box and included a custom panel for the back that has a proper hole for the 6x9s and a port hole in the center for bass......


Where do you get these adapters? What is involved? Is it more of a pain than what its worth? Any cutting?

Thanks,
Matt
 
Matt, you still live in Ypsi? I live in the Dexter/Chelsea area :)

just about any audio store can get you the 6x9 --> 4x10 adapters. They are inexpensive and easy to install. The only problem I had when I used them is my 6x9's were tall with the magnets and they hit the trunk lid spring bars :-(

Here is an example of them.........

http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p34974182?sourceid=235
 
Renthorin said:
Matt, you still live in Ypsi? I live in the Dexter/Chelsea area :)

just about any audio store can get you the 6x9 --> 4x10 adapters. They are inexpensive and easy to install. The only problem I had when I used them is my 6x9's were tall with the magnets and they hit the trunk lid spring bars :-(

Here is an example of them.........

http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p34974182?sourceid=235



Sweet! How familiar are you with car audio? It would be sweet to have someone knowlageable helpen me out.
 
I can hold my own with casual installations but nothing too radical.

I have a Pioneer CD player in my GN with a 12" sub in a sealed box on the floor behind the driver's seat (you can't even tell it is there but you get a nice back massage when you listen to Linkin Park).

I ran 8 gauge wire from the battery to the amp in the trunk and hid all the wiring in black plastic 'loom' I think is what they call it :)
 
Sound I might be able to help

Check these out. DAve
 

Attachments

  • 100_1195.JPG
    100_1195.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 162
zeus87gn said:
Unfortunately no. Not without some body surgery. I tried last weekend.

I have seen 2-way 4x10's, I may try those and see what they sound like.
If I can find some Pioneers.

Patrick,

Remind me to show you my rear speaks tomorrow (6X9 with adapters) that required no cutting. 6X9's offer up a world of improved bass freqencies over the 4X10's.
 
plenty of room for stuff :biggrin:
 

Attachments

  • Picture 177.jpg
    Picture 177.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 136
Like what?

Man what could you fit in that? Maybe a happy meal! Or a couple pencils! LOL Just busting you up, looks real good! Very professional! Nice job.
DAve
 
Evaddave 87gn said:
Man what could you fit in that? Maybe a happy meal! Or a couple pencils! LOL Just busting you up, looks real good! Very professional! Nice job.
DAve
i can fit 1 bag of groceries,in the center :D
 
Tommy I love the plexiglass with the steched logo. That really sets it off. Sweet looking box!
 
Evans Ward said:
Patrick,

Remind me to show you my rear speaks tomorrow (6X9 with adapters) that required no cutting. 6X9's offer up a world of improved bass freqencies over the 4X10's.

Evans,

Sorry, didn't see your posting and obviously forgot to mention it. I have an old set of Pioneer 6x9's that match my dash speakers. I know they still work and would love to put them back into service. I just installed a new Pioneer head unit last night and can't wait to get some adapters. I didn't know they existed. Do you have any problems with the speakers getting in the way of the hinge springs (as previously mentioned)? Then I will only have to replace the doors pleakers and 'presto chango' I have fresh concert sound again!
 
Top