You can type here any text you want

TRW lightweight wrist pins

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tttype

Was just about to order some TRW forged pistons today.
Since am going to have the bottom end balanced I decided to go with the lightweight piston pins some talk about.
Parts guy & speedpro book mentions nothing about a lightweight pin ?

Anybody know the part # or where to find this info ?

The idea I remember hearing about pins for TRW forged pistons is ,the forged pistons are alot lighter than the stock pistons. So to make it so you don't have to rebalance your engine to use these TRW made the pin extra heavy so the forged piston & heavy pin would be the same weight as the stocker.

Anyone have any info into this?

Thanks

The last set of TRWs I bought I had a set of B&B pins made to go with them. It cost enough extra that I could have put a few $ with it and bought JE pistons. Needless to say, I haven't bought or sold the TRWs since. Save yourself the hassle, and buy a set of JE pistons and be done with it. Better piston, better pin, less hassle, damned little price difference.

6pack is giving good advise!..go with the j&es...when its ALL said and done buying light pins...balancing etc.,,you will have not saved hardly any money or delt with the hassle...and if you dont have to go .030 over...a set of .010 or .020 over je's the cylinders will still have some meat for the next time!...just my o2 tho....later joe:cool:

why not use your stock pins? They are lighter than TRW's pins.

I have TRW pistons with JE light weight wrist pins.

JE Pin #RP337 from Summit. I believe there about $129.00 for the set of 6. I've been running them in my car for a couple of years with good luck.

Hope that helps

The last 2 sets of Speed pro forged(TRW) pistons i've bought came with lighter pins. I guess that's how it will be from now on, they also have the scuff free coating on the skirts. :) Frank

Back