You can type here any text you want

Trying to figure out what I raced.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I agree. People talk about them because there is a certain mytique about them. Kind of like the GN.

Ya know all the "stupid" questions people get asked about our cars? Same thing as the Skyline. People hear all these cool things about them but never really know the truth unless they ask someone who really knows.

People have to remember that the Playstation racers are more or less uninformed kids that don't know any better.

:)

Whats up JD,

What color was the car? I have seen two cars that I just could not identify recently in the Galleria area. One was pretty dark silver and I can't remember the other's color. Both of them had extensive body work. The silver one looked like the guy put the skyline headlights and taillights on what I think could have been a 200 sx or something. Hell I don't what it was. But if the car you saw didn't look like the older body style Skyline--it was probably some hybrid freak car like the one I saw. Those guys are starting to do that stuff more and more.

On the subject of the skylines--nice cars. I don't claim to know much about them. I know they are supposed to be pretty fast and they are an attractive car. And as with any turbo car--easy and cheap to make really fast. Are they worth $90k? Hell no! But are they worth what they are selling them for in Japan (before the inflated price that we see due to scarcity and the lack of mass importation). Of course. What is Gm making that is a better value. The only car in Gms line worth a sh** is the vette. The corportation is really going down the drain. I really hope that the new GTO will give us all a new perspective. Maybe the GTO will start another revolution like the original one did--God knows American car companies need it.

Originally posted by metal-box
Sometimes it's not about the money.
For the same price I will take 3 Supras,or 2 fully built Supras,,and leave the waisting money on a Skyline ,to the other guy....:cool:

Whats up Joseph , this car was pretty much all white with a black triangle going up into the SS- like hood scoop. It probably was a half breed, but I do know it was AWD un less he had some really sticky tires, because hr launched at that one light and he didn't make a sound.

Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r
For the same price I will take 3 Supras,or 2 fully built Supras,,and leave the waisting money on a Skyline ,to the other guy....:cool:

Oh yeah? For that money I'd buy a fully built GN, a built Supra, and old Fox Body Stang, and a beater to kick around in. ;)

Don't get me wrong, the Skyline is cool for what it is, but un-cool for what is costs. I am not slamming the performance potential of this nissan, but, contrary to popular belief, it is about the money. Show me a person that doesn't care about the $90,000 price tag and I will show you that person's hangar at the local airport housing his or her private jet.

No flames intended, but...

I was merely stating that some people have the loot for something like that. If they do have the money and that is what they want, then that is what they get.

Not that they don't care about the money, it's just they spend their money on what THEY like, not what WE think is a good value.

Whether it's the fastest thing on the planet is irrelevent to some people. If they like it, they buy it. That's one of the great things about the USA.

And by the way, there are a lot of non-rich guys that could buy a Skyline, if they really, really wanted it. It's called a second mortgage.

Look at all the guys out there with Supras with $60-$75K into them or all the regular Joes sporting a Viper or a Z06 that's all pumped up.

Heck, look at all of the soccer moms running around in $50K SUVs.

A Skyline is not like buying a Ferrari F40 @ $400K. Then, you might be looking for airplane hangers ful of planes...

I don't know why I get involved in these converations. It always boils down to "well, I can buy a TR for $7000 and put it in the tens for like twenty bucks and smoke any high dollar car."

:)

This thread needs a tangent...

Some people just like to blow money. There's a Guy from Dallas with an M5 who used to beat on it regularly and bragged how it ran 12.8@110 in the 1/4 mile. Impressive for a 4 door, but not that impressive when you take into account the $80K price tag (for basically a hot rodded $45K car).

If he thought about it, he could have bought the $45K version to drive to work and bought a $35K sports car to beat on (and when it broke, he wouldn't have to pay to Fix an $80K car...yikes)

Sure its "cool" to have one car that does a lot of things well. I've always felt its cooler to have a lot of cars that do somethings better than others, especially when the cost of the lot of cars is less than the one car.

Skyline

That was probably not a real GTR as there are only a handful of LHD Skylines in the world (none from the factory). This is supposed to be a great car by the way and it is EXTREMELY rare in the USA. I would bet most are bought for exclusivity rather than performance.

Back