You can type here any text you want

trying to find make of these

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ryan gilliam

hi im new on here i just got a set of wheels 15x8.5 and tryin to find who makes these

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 113
  • mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 106
Dont know the maker but they are old uni-lug's and it looks like they were being used without the washers!
Chris

They look like they might be metric sized 5x120's that had the holes elongated so they could be run on 5 x 4.75". I had discussed this with the folks at HRE wheels a while back and they convinced me this was a SUPER BAD idea!!!

they came off a 78 vett not stock and they are unilug that has some wear but bolts up and washers fit fine just cant see eney markins on them they look close to applince wheels but not exact.

a few of those holes/slots look a little oblong- good luck getting them to stay centered on the hub if they aren't hub centric and you don't use centering rings.. you will probably have one wheel that will never stay centered, and you will get a weird and really annoying pulsation that comes and goes at weird frequencies and at different road speeds..

also, the lugs will come loose after you first put them on, then they will stay tight for a while after you tighten them a few times... then one day out of nowhere you will feel a weird vibration and find a wheel ready to fall off and those hogged out lug holes will be just a little more hogged out...

yeah, i've had a few old worn out aluminum unilug wheels in my day...

i have a lathe to make rings to center the wheel and tig welder to fix holes thats not a problem. i realy like the look of the wheels just cant find the make

they seem real close to rocket like the center hub but not the outer where the spokes bend and meet rivits rockets dont have rivits

Back