You can type here any text you want

TSM engine lubricants??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
What are you TSM guys using as far as:

Engine oil/ filter/ additives?
Rear diff lube? (iv'e already got the GM additive)

My engine build is in my sig.. the engine has already been broken in and all new polydyne coated clevite race bearings on the mains/rods with all new gaskets. it's back in the car and ready for the fluids. Thanks guys!

Well there is WAY too much info and oppinions on oil. so i went with Valvoline VR1 20w-50. but what i can't understand about all the rotella this, synthetic that,stuff. there are ALOT of unopened engines out there still with 100,000mi on them and the cams are fine! explain that one! you know alot of these people are just putting the regular oil in and have been for years. so why are the newer flat tappet cams getting wipped out? I suppose this topic could go on forever probably for the simple fact that knowone really knows for sure! when the lobes of a cam go there is really nothing left but speculation at that point unless the damage is super obvious. oh well, off my soap box! :biggrin:

Scott, I've always used that oil, the VR-1 (same weight too). I change my oil too often for the expensive stuff there but I use Royal Purple Diff and tranny fluids.

FWIW, I use RP in my motorcycles too.

I use Lucas additives in my motorhome and regular orl.

Hey Scott theres no magic oil i like royal purple racing 41 . I use valvoline 20/50 on our stage motor with excellent results so far i am running a hp6 type filter and it has seen 200 psi with not breaking a sweat no blowing out o rings .I inspect my oil and filter and that way you have an idea what shape your equipments in better to be safe than sorry .

Back