You can type here any text you want

TT chip and MAS, Quick Question?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

54Rich

I have a TT chip burned for my combo and couldn't be happier, except that the idle is a bit choppy in drive. I've read that the MAS needs a screen, is this true for any MAS? I have a 3.5" with a translator with a 4" intake that I got used and it does not have a screen. I just assumed that it never had one.

Would putting one in help with the idle? If so, where would I get one?

Other than the idle, the car runs perfect:biggrin:

Thanks,

Not sure where you can pick up a screen, but the screen helps smooth out the airflow going over the sensor. Turbulent air may be causing some of the choppiness you're experiencing.

The worst offender is the stock MAF if the screens are gone. However, even the LS1 or LT1 sensors can become unpredictable with the screen removed. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I would rather see the screen in there.
Take a look at your BLM readings at idle. You "might" be able to adjust around it with the MAF Base setting.

Eric

The worst offender is the stock MAF if the screens are gone. However, even the LS1 or LT1 sensors can become unpredictable with the screen removed. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I would rather see the screen in there.
Take a look at your BLM readings at idle. You "might" be able to adjust around it with the MAF Base setting.

Eric

Now I just need to find a screen to check this:confused: Tried the base setting and no help.

Seems to be a bit rich at idle, BLM 118-122. It just stumbles around a bit in gear. Since I have a 4" pipe coming in thinking this might do it.

Car runs extremely good with incredible throttle response. I don’t have any idea how fast it is, but it sure plants you back in your seat. 92 octane, 16 lbs of boost, WOT 02’s 780 and Zero Knock!

So Eric, got a screen laying around?

Thanks,

Back