You can type here any text you want

TTA Brakes on TR?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rockstar tlc

Was wandering if you can put tta brake booster set up on tr so i can do away with my power master. Ive heard this can be done but dont know everything i need to complete the conversion.

I believe the TTA firewall angle is different from the G-body, don't think it will work. There are a few vendors that offer the conversion, PM to vacuum GBodyParts.com Online or you can do it with salvage yard parts off of a G-body that came equipped with vacuum brakes. Fairly easy swap.

If you realy want to use vacuum brakes you will need a vacuum booster from a regular regal, monte carlo or cutlass and the brake pedal from the same car as well as the master cylinder. You will also need to get a vacuum block for the top of the throttle body with the extra vacuum port for the booster and then just bend your stock brake lines a little to get them to line up and your done.

In my opinion you should just fix the powermaster because the vacuum brakes keep you from holding boost at the line and if you step on the brakes too many times in a short period of time you wont have power brakes :redface:

Back