You can type here any text you want

TTA Driveshaft Specs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jas89TTA

Anyone know the measurements on the driveshaft? I don't have access to my car at this time and I would like to goahead and order one from Dennys, so when I get my car back I'll have it. Thanks, Jason

dammmm ... I have one of thier alum driveshafts BUT the car isn't here .. I have a stocker Ill measure after lunch.. :cool: stock rear end right ?? :confused:

Whats wrong with the stock driveshaft?

You'll break the rear before the driveshaft goes.. then when you get the 9 inch.. it will require a new longer driveshaft.. so dont throw money away.

HTH

I'm getting a transbrake installed soon and would rather be safe than sorry. I know I'm taking a chance with the stock rear so I figured I'll just wait until it breaks and then get a 9 inch but would feel safer with a stronger shaft. And when I do get the 9 inch I'll sell the shaft :biggrin:

I think your wasting $$$$...driveshafts are not the hottest seller's .. I measured this one before I put it back in today 46 5/8" .. :cool:

Thanks, Ya'll are probably right but I'll feel better and if my rear end holds up I'll save $$$$ but with my luck I doubt it will :rolleyes: Hell by the end of the year I'll probably ask where's the best place for a 9 inch rear :biggrin: but I do have a girdle on the rear maybe that will help. Thanks, Jason

Please find one post anywhere on the net about a TTA driveshaft issue.

Put a loop on it.. yes.. I would agree.

Replace.. dunno.. hundreds of passes on a stocker.

Hey its only money rite? When you buy a 9 inch.. you'll need a brand new one since its longer.

Razor, Were you still running the stock shaft on your old car? I've never heard of a issue with the TTA shaft either but I've seen posts were the GN ones have broke and I was worried about how it would be with the transbrake. I think (and hope) my car will be close to 500 hp to the wheels when it's done and if the stock shafts can handle it I'll probably wait till the rear breaks becasue I'm sure it's going to happen soon. As far as I know the rear is still stock and the car has 124,000 miles on it, but everthing else has been replaced and some things twice :redface: I just want it to be right and not have to worry. Thanks for the help. Jason

Jas89TTA said:
Razor, Were you still running the stock shaft on your old car? Thanks for the help. Jason

Yes.. went through two rear ends.. driveshaft is mint.

That car ran 10.99 a few months ago.

HTH

Back