You can type here any text you want

TTA Engine Oil Filter Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Is the Napa Gold 1086 still the prefered (or read good) quality filter for our TTA's?

I've been using them for a number of years and just need to stock up on some more filters next time I'm out in the US so thought I'll pop the question.

What about the new Delco PF 1218 (same length as the Napa Gold 1086)? Dead cheap as you can get them for around $3 USD ...

I like the size of the Napa filter compared to the old Delco one.

Napa Gold 1086 is one of the best filters. It is the same as the Wix filter, just has the Napa name. Even says Wix on the box as the manufacturer. In fact, Carquest also uses the Wix filter and gives it a different number.
I bought a case of wix 51086 on Ebay, but I dont see anyone selling them now.

Thx Guys, I knew about the Wix filter being the same Napa "rebrands" seems like that would be a cheaper option.

Do any of the typicl parts stors (Kragen, Autozone or similar) carry or can order the Wix filters? I guess Carquest is mail order only right?

Thx Guys, I knew about the Wix filter being the same Napa "rebrands" seems like that would be a cheaper option.

Do any of the typicl parts stors (Kragen, Autozone or similar) carry or can order the Wix filters? I guess Carquest is mail order only right?

Oreillys carries the wix brand. You can buy a case of the Wix or Napa gold filter from here online at a really good price. FleetFilter.com and enter the number.
Jason

I've been using Mobil One oil filters on the GN and TTA. I like them a lot!

MI-302 is the one for the TTA. And they are black! :D

I would definitely get the Carquest Wix being the same- I just got bent over at Napa for the Gold 1086 - $15 :frown:

Hi Jan,
Currently, I am using the Mobil1 filter, but next oil change, I'm going with K&N.

I had problems with the K@N # 3002. Filter was too long. Flakes of white paint from the filter were underneath the filter on less desirable roads. Hope that makes sense. Switched to Carquest Wix brand and never had a problem with the filter scraping or rubbing again. Half price too! Joe

As already stated above Wix (part number 51086) manufactures the filter for Napa (part number 1086) and Carquest (part number xxxxx)

Napa is the most expensive one @ roughly $14 then Carquest about 1-2 $ cheaper.

The way to go seems to be FleetFilter.com, I was quoted about $10 USD to have 6 filters shipped to a FL zip code, they do offer some discount as well on orders over $50 .... so ordering a larger quantity would bring the individual cost per filter down and way under what Napa and Carquest charges.

Anyway, ended up getting a couple of filters from the local Carquest store but will probably get a larger quantity (10 or so) from fleetfilters next time I'm out in the US and have a spare suitcase with me :-)

Snip....(B)ut will probably get a larger quantity (10 or so) from fleetfilters next time I'm out in the US and have a spare suitcase with me :-)

Jan, Don't forget to factor in the new baggage premiums. Let me know when I can help. ;)

Jan, Don't forget to factor in the new baggage premiums. Let me know when I can help. ;)

Always do Lee, and appreciate the offer to help!!! No problem to get a set of OEM heads back home earlier this year but had to put one in each suitcase to avoid paying for the extra weight ... airlines are so picky these days :D

This is what I bought recently and always bring along, and handy around the house as well, highly recommended travel companion if you do shop a lot (like me) :cool:
Balanzza Digital Luggage Scales

Back