You can type here any text you want

Tta Faq

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I'm sure if you go to e-town for a buick vs mustang or gmhtp efi meet and see a tta let him no who you are from the boards he'll give you a ride. most guys seem real cool here. a tight group willing to help other owners or possible owners out...

Pete

Originally posted by The Swede
Yo TurboTer!

I have not seen any official times on the 0-60 on the TTA, only tests from some magazines.
Tests depends on track conditon, weather and the driver.
As they tould you earlier the times where somewhere between 4.6-5.6.......so....5 flat should be ok?
The new 2002 has 325bhp and launch the 0-60 in 5.5sec.

And all the cars/owners didn´t get the ownerskit with the car.
Approx. price on ebay is $500 for the owners kit.

The TTA has a different head than the GN.

PS: Sign up to the TTA-maillist!:cool:

See ya around!

Either way, does it seem faster to you off the line than a GN does? How do you sign up on the mailing list?

Originally posted by TurboTer
Speaking of exhaust, how come it's so, so rare to see any third generation f-body with two mufflers?

The design of the chassis of the car dictates that the exhaust pipes go down one side because the fue lines go up the other. There is also groun clearance problems with a True Dual set up. This just want the way GM intended the exhaust to work.
Im not saying it cant be done, but when it is finished(all the ones I have seen with duals) the pipes rub worse than the Air Damn ever thought of, or they look like speghetti and create more back pressure than stock.
Also all the after market companies design cat back systems and to make it a slip in it has to be in the same form as the stock system.
Its been proven by some exhust companies that a F-body with a good Y-pipe and a High flow cat with headers(2 1/2" collectors) Flowing into a 3" pipe to the muffeler in the back and then to dual 2 1/2" pipes out the back produce more HP that any dual system they put on. This exhaust system will support up to aroun 600hp on a F-Body.... I am goign to put a Dump on my turbo and leave the stock cat back on. Quiet when fishing, loud after I got them on the line :D

Turboter, if you get out to Colorado Springs, I have a free ride for you :D

I can't imagine why it matters which is faster stock. There are probably only 3 of each with no mods. If you have to keep it stock the TTA is probably going to beat the Buick every time, if you can find a stock one to race. It has a slightly more efficient I/C, 2.5 more #s of boost and way less brick factor. But, if it's modified light to light and drag strip performance you're after the Buick is less expensive and is better equipped from the factory. More parts available such as headers, engine tie-down, motor mounts, wheels, roller rockers, and heads for that matter. Stretched I/Cs fit in both but are in danger of dragging on the ground in a TTA. The rear-end in the Buick is an 8.5 inch 10 bolt with 3.42 gears and drum brakes which will hold almost unlimited boost on the line while the TTA got a 7.5 inch 9 bolt rear-end with 3.27 gears and big discs which will hold about 4 PSI and disallow the use of many aluminum wheels. Some Buicks came W/O posi which is unfathomable. I know a guy who had one. It would burn that right tire for miles. Don't get me wrong, I love my TTA and have overcome many of the hurdles to make it a great drag racer and have not affected it's superior handling yet, but I've spent several extra $s trying to get it to get out of the hole as well as some of my buddies in their bricks.
If you need to get around corners in a hurry, the TTA is the obvious answer. I like corners. Sometimes I even show up at SCCA events and give 'er a whirl. Literally. Too much boost and tight turns = loop. I attribute 55# injectors to occasional stalling when getting in and out of boost rapidly. Also not good.
Other Buick ammenities: Seats 4 comfortably
Also holds their luggage
Or a set of sticky tires
Full frame
You can paint a T-type any color you like
Few people are aware of their capabilities
Insurance is reasonable
Can be made to hop several feet with hydraulics
TTA coolnesses: Collectable
Hatch area is useless for cargo, but unsurpassed for subwoofers
Even fewer people are aware of their capabilities
Chicks dig 'em
Real gauges
Nobody calls it a Monte Carlo
Easy to decide which color to buy

That's all I got.

Originally posted by TurboTer
I would love to ride in a TTA to see how it feels, but don't know anyone who has 'em.

Hey, If your ever in north Jersey give me a shout! I'm always looking for a good reason to take it out for a test beating....uhh... I mean test drive:D My TTA is all stock with the exception of K+N filter!

If you're looking to modify and race, I'd go with the GN! Much easier to work on than the F-body:mad: I couldn't bring myself to modify a car that's 1 of 1500 so I got a GN to play with. I'm not saying it's wrong, just that I couldn't do it!

Back