You can type here any text you want

TTA IC shroud question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JCSTTA

USAF
My car is missing the shroud, even though the original still has it I don't think he's ever going to get it to me. I have heard a few people say they made a GN shroud work on there tta's? How much is the shroud missing affect the performance of my car/ what are my options? I am not looking to spend 600 bucks for a peice of plastic, so I'm I'll fab something if I have too.

thanks for the help guys!

You definitely need to have a shroud on the IC. The shroud is
what scoops up the cool outside air and directs through the IC.
My shroud was in bad shape when I got my car so I tired to patch
it up the best I could. I'm not sure what to tell you since you don't
even have one to start with. Maybe someone will chime in that has made a GN shroud work on a TTA. You might want to advertise in the Parts Wanted section of this board for one. Even
a ratty one would be something to build from. Good luck.

James

A friend just bought a mease strech intercooler for his TTA, I think it is a 17 row, it came with a shroud. He got it for $450 shipped, but he had to send Keith his stock IC shroud off his spare TTA IC. Might be worth a shot to call him, might be using the stocker as a template to fabricate stock repro. Who knows.

There are stories in the gnttype.org archives about some guys who fabricated a GN one from garbage can lids (or something like that!)

I think the Mease option is a good one....

Shop hours of operation: 9:30am-5:30pm Eastern Time - Shop phone: 609.518.8917

measeperformance@hotmail.com

Send a private message here: Mease Performance

If anybody can help, he can. I'm watching this issue myself, so please post your findings :) My Intercooler scoop is 3.5 inches above the ground on the lower side....Going to do something soon :)

I ve got two of them ........I ll have too look for em.....but I have front mounts on both my tta's....

Whats the scoop worth....? Or I could probably make one in a month or two.....

Look at it this way, Car Motorsports was talking about making one and the price was in the area of $400-500 I believe. I think one sold on Ebay last week for something in that area.

I'm gonna try to get ahold of mease and see what I can do there. If its to much I'll just wait will after the first of the year and get a strech or front mount.

Back