You can type here any text you want

TTA Indy gathering

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

72firebird

Well one of my other threads got a little off track and we began to discuss the idea of a TTA Gathering at the 2006 Buick Horsepower Nationals. An event that we would liek to add is a lap or two around Indianapolis Motor Speedway for all the TTAs. I just emailed IMS to inquire about the possibility of us doing this and mentioned a possible magazine coverage. If I can get most of you to commit you will come to this I think we can make it all work. It might cost everyone something but shouldn't be too much for this lifetim experience. I can have one of my friends come with his camera to take pictures for us and possibly have them printed as posters or just large photo quality images.

This may interfere some with the Buick show for part of a day but I'll try to work around the events of that show. I imagine I will need ATLEAST 25-30 cars just for them to consider letting us do this. For those of you whoe have never been there IMS is an amazing track and it's impossible to understand how big the track is without seeing it in person. Even if they don't let us drive around the track I would still like to make a TTA gathering at the event and venture over to IMS sometime to take pictures of all the cars there anyways.

I have other things we could possibly do but would like to find out how many people are interested in coming to the event. Right now I have no idea what the cost for anything will be but I will hopefully recieve I response from IMS soon. If you're interested please post and I will create a list and as I find more information out I'll post it. This will give us a great opportunity to look at other fine TTAs and communicate with their owners in person rather than the internet. It'll be nice to meet many of you who I have gotten lots of advice from in the past year of my ownership of my TTA.

this is in indiana somewhere?

if we got enough interest - i would be there. not sure otherwise.

What are the dates of the Buick Horsepower Nationals?

I would absolutly love to do this. If it can be done, I'm there.

I'd trailer out the TTA to do something like this. Put me down but I'll need more info. like the other guys. Load up all the details in this thread who: what: where: and when and I'll make sure I schedule off work. Also gonna need some good hotels in the area! But sounds like an awesome idea! :cool:

I’m down with INDY! I know of 2 TTA’s that will attend. This town facilitates the greatest race in the world, I’m sure there are plenty hotels and restaurants to choose from.

However, I never heard of the Buick Horsepower Nationals, might be a good show to piggy back for the first year. ?

Keep it up, I will help as much as I can!

MFJ

As of right now the dates for the Buick Horsepower Nationals are June 28-July 1, 2006 and I plan to just piggy back off their event if possible. I haven't recieved an email back from IMS yet so I won't know if it is even possible. For hotels I'll look into those as soon as I have confirmation from IMS that we can actually do this. I would like to make sort of an official hotel for the TTAs. Would be nice for us to basically rent a whole hotel out so we can use their conference rooms or whatever we need to gather. Besides for that how bad ass would it be to have a hotel parking lot full of one of the best american cars ever made.

I'll try to keep everyone updated as I recieve information. If it looks to become a pretty big event I'll try contacting GM Hight Tech and Pontiac Enthusiast to see if either of them would be interested in joining us. I imagine GM High Tech will already be at the Buick event so I would imagine they would love to join us.

consider me there

What are the dates? I would love to do it.....let us know

I'm seriously considering doing this event over BG this next year...show me as VERY interested.

Hey Shandy, is your quad ready for a serious spanking via Mr. Turbo?

good one

yes i will have a LARGE suprise for you....camo and all...hehe....you had better get the 700 FI raptor with lots o boost...my and my 600lb prairie will give you a bit more than you bargained for....if i still have it and havent bought a new suprise...

joe

BTW truck ran 9.08 with a 1.9 60 foot time...@ 76 mph with still one more level on the programmer to go...should get about a 8.75 ...if i run it again...

Bent a tie rod launching in 4wd....hehehe

Count me in as well, as long as it's not on July 1st (that is my wedding anniversary) . I know I'll be going out of town that day.

I'm in too...

Maybe us Chi-town people will drive together. Ever see all the different year Vettes going to BG in a clan (I'm sure you have if you live in the Mid-West)? Beautiful sight.

How great a picture would it be to see many TTA's driving down the highway in a tight group?

chicagoTTA said:
I'm in too...

Maybe us Chi-town people will drive together. Ever see all the different year Vettes going to BG in a clan (I'm sure you have if you live in the Mid-West)? Beautiful sight.

How great a picture would it be to see many TTA's driving down the highway in a tight group?

I would definatley be up for this. I would even be willing to drive a little out of my way to meet up with everyone for the drive.

I still haven't got a response from anyone down in Indy. I'll try finding a good number to call tomorrow and call them on Monday. I'll keep at them until I get a solid answer. I might need some help from someone in Indy if it comes down to it for some help. I'm willing to drive down there to meet with anyone I need to but don't really want to drive 3 hours just to find out if they'll let us do it.

The National F-Body Event will be back in Indy next year. Tentative date is in June. Should be a couple of TTA's as there always are. Good time. Drag strip, road course, and autocross at your fingertips :)

Rob
I would think a "Waxer" like you would remember the car show part of the f-body event. :)

Not to rain on the parade for the Buick deal but the f-body event has a host hotel and hires security for the parking lot. Maybe you would consider piggy backing this event.

f-body event car number 48

V6TA-MI said:
Rob
I would think a "Waxer" like you would remember the car show part of the f-body event. :)

Not to rain on the parade for the Buick deal but the f-body event has a host hotel and hires security for the parking lot. Maybe you would consider piggy backing this event.

The only reason I'm not piggy backing off the F-body event is most people on here are into the motor that's in their cars more than the kind of cars. Not saying their not Trans Am people but we have bigger showings at Turbo Buick shows than Trans Am shows. I have tried to get some people to come out to Trans Am car shows but no one ever really shows. So I decided to take a different approach and just choose a event that it would seem more TTA owners would enjoy. If I could get this type of a response for a Trans Am show I'd love to do it at one because I know a lot of people who organize most of the large TA shows.

Oh and don't worry I'll be in Indy for the F-Body event this year. I'll probably do everything but the roadcourse, that's just too much strain for me to put on my car.

72firebird said:
The only reason I'm not piggy backing off the F-body event is most people on here are into the motor that's in their cars more than the kind of cars. Not saying their not Trans Am people but we have bigger showings at Turbo Buick shows than Trans Am shows. I have tried to get some people to come out to Trans Am car shows but no one ever really shows. So I decided to take a different approach and just choose a event that it would seem more TTA owners would enjoy. If I could get this type of a response for a Trans Am show I'd love to do it at one because I know a lot of people who organize most of the large TA shows.

Oh and don't worry I'll be in Indy for the F-Body event this year. I'll probably do everything but the roadcourse, that's just too much strain for me to put on my car.

Fair enough, can you post more on the buick event your speaking of?

V6TA-MI said:
Rob

Geez, you win best 3rd gen one year and runner up another year and you're considered a waxer :D

I always ran on the drag strip. Never had the nerve to get on the road course until last year with the goat. That was a friggin blast.

Should be at least a couple TTA's as always.

Count me in

Yanking the heads to find out if they are cracked t'row, but Indy is a year away lol :-)

I dont see why I wouldnt be able to go, if only for a day

later
Jeremy

For those of you who haven't read there looks like there's going to be an IRL race I believe at IMS the same weekend. So we're not going to be able to do the drive around. However I still think we should get together and go tae pictures at the track together and go get dinner/go cart racing or something.

Back