You can type here any text you want

TTA Markings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Professional Smack Talker
Howdy folks :)

I was wondering, outside of the Turbo Trans Am badge, are there any distinct markings that would seperate a TTA from a normal Trans Am of the same year?

Thanks!

- Matt

Cool. :) I should have been more specific.... what I meant to ask was, are there any EXTERNAL markings that would seperate a TTA from a normal Trans Am outside of the badging :)

Cutout in the center of the front airdam.

Other than that, if someone completely debadged a TTA you wouldn't be able to tell.

Exhaust tips are unique to the TTA however those, like the badges are easily changed.

From what I have seen/read/learned the only givens on a stock car would be the nose badge, the sail pannel badges, the badge between the tail lights, the Indy wings, and the tips. Over time all of this is subject to change depending on what was done to the car. Door and/or wind shield decals could have been added. TURBO fender emblems may or may not be there.

Another thing thing to throw out, the white stipes in the door handles. I don't think other TA's or GTA's had them but I will have to admit I never actually went looking.

Brent

The Birds between the taillights are all white! It also says turbo on the reflector below it. Tell tale sign to me is the size of the front brake rotors which are plainly visible through the front rims. Most 3rd gens do not have the big front brakes.

Back