You can type here any text you want

TTA on its side at the dealership

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quick6'n'-K.C.

wana steal it? meet mr9mm
Staff member
Been awhile, but i found these pictures hidden in a file on my home computer.

I must have save them from somewhere:confused:

Does anyone have anymore info on it??

BW

Attachments

• ta1 (Small).jpg
    ta1 (Small).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 344
  • ta2 (Small).jpg
    ta2 (Small).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 354
  • ta3 (Small).jpg
    ta3 (Small).jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 343
  • ta4 (Small).jpg
    ta4 (Small).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 346
  • ta5 (Small).jpg
    ta5 (Small).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 358
Whats with all of the sticky notes? Hey Lee its been a while since we talked, how you been? Hows your wife doing? Is your house in Texas being built yet? Talk to you later. Dusty

Whats with all of the sticky notes? Hey Lee its been a while since we talked, how you been? Hows your wife doing? Is your house in Texas being built yet? Talk to you later. Dusty

Maybe they were having a scavenger hunt....I couldn't make any sense of the notes. Sent you a PM Dusty. :)

i have those pics too. Pretty cool. There was some info on it and of course I can't find where I had it. The post it notes were to explain what was special about the car and what made it different from a GTA. I wonder what car number that was and where it's at today! :cool: Would have been really cool to see that today with the quality of digital cameras we have now.

Just like the GNX all TTA's got wet. I recall someone going by PAS or the factory and seeing a bunch of TTA's out in the rain. That is the rainy time for Cali. as well! :cool:

The only note I can make out is on the wheel; it says "braking 60-0 139ft". I recall reading about this car online a while ago. They drained all the fluids and laid it on a couple of mattresses. I wonder where that one is today.

Because someone like Grumpy walked in there and said... hmm this IC scoop is gonna be worth a ton of money one day! I'll steal it! :biggrin:

dammmm ...I didn't think people were watching :eek: .. remember guy's this was just "another" car back then .. hey ya know they got snow in New York the other day .. look whats outside :eek: :p

Attachments

• GT40.jpg
    GT40.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 290
  • GT40b.jpg
    GT40b.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 289
The only note I can make out is on the wheel; it says "braking 60-0 139ft". I recall reading about this car online a while ago. They drained all the fluids and laid it on a couple of mattresses. I wonder where that one is today.

You can put all the mattresses you want down, but the thin metal body panels are still going to be damaged. :eek: :mad: If we knew what dealership that was, I'm sure PHS could research which car it is.

Gee,
Just think!
The Turbo emblem on the fender probably left an indentation on the mattress!
That means Dave, Jim, and Jan, are going to be checking ebay for it, and raise the price skyhigh!
Not me though, I'm just going to take an emblem, and put it on the mattress, with oh, say about 3650 pounds on top of it, then sell it.;)

George:cool:

If that's a Ttop car (odds are), then you know the stresses caused many alignment problems (doors, rear hatch, ttops, etc.).

I have seen those pics before. It does make you wonder with all that weight on the side of the car, how much body damage occured?

- Dave

TTA on side

I think that one is the one I own. I always thought it was lopsided.

dammmm ...I didn't think people were watching :eek: .. remember guy's this was just "another" car back then .. hey ya know they got snow in New York the other day .. look whats outside :eek: :p

lol come on Dan you should know why that's outside in the snow.. it's a FERD!!!! :D :D :D

I was looking around for the info I had on that dealership and I can't find it. I'm getting to much crap building up like Dan! :eek: By the time I find it I'll forget about the thread! :biggrin:

Anyone got the original photos, would love some better ones as they would be great to see some of the details helping anyone looking to restore their TTA.

The IC duct/scoop was installed at/by the dealership so that is why its missing ....

Back