You can type here any text you want

TTA Pictures From Sunset`

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who Needs 8

Saturday, my TTA was being shown at The Great State Fair of Texas. I was up there with 100+ other f-bodies. The TTA was considered a "specialty" car, so it was to sit infront of the fountain at the front gates of the Fair. But, the guy orgainizing the parking around the fountain decided to put THREE "Last of the Breed" SS's all up front, basically because he owned one of them (Big F-ing Deal, if you ask me, and a handfull of others whom I heard say "Why are those specialty cars?" So, me and a 80 TTA Pace Car got pushed behind all the 4th Gen Camaros :rolleyes: ) Anyway, On the way home, I couldn't resist the sunset. So I pulled off into a empty church parking lot and got some shots.

Here's the best shot I could get of the car in front of the fountain (it's a terrible shot because of the terrible spot I got screwed with).
477529716wctSku_ph.jpg

Here are the pictures from the ride home
477444581RsOOhu_ph.jpg

477444793lCuHcc_ph.jpg

477446300HekpcT_ph.jpg

477447286KqhNPp_ph.jpg

No No No, that is defenitly my car :biggrin:

Really nice pictures, I need to get around and take some of mine in some cool surroundings .... maybe Windsor Castle :cool:

Ha!
I thought it was my car at first too! :biggrin:
But then I saw the door decals! Mine don't have them!
So, your car is at least one less than the T-Top versions! ;)
Nice pictures!

Hey Jan,
I didn't know the sun comes out in England! :rolleyes: :wink:
By chance, are you on the west coast? We got rain today! :D

George :cool:

Hey George, plenty of sun in England you know that :cool:

No sun where I'm at the moment, city I can't even pronounce in China :confused: Been in China, Korea and Taiwan since last Monday back home to SUNNY England on Saturday :biggrin: Will take the TTA for a spin during the weekend :tongue:

Jan Larsson said:
No No No, that is defenitly my car :biggrin:

Really nice pictures, I need to get around and take some of mine in some cool surroundings .... maybe Windsor Castle :cool:

Hmmmm . . . you just gave me an idea . . . I need to go over to Southfork Ranch and take some pictures. (Yeah, JR Ewing's House on the TV Show Dallas). HAHAHAHA

Attachments

• south2.gif
    south2.gif
    33.8 KB · Views: 86
Just make sure you wear a Stetson and you will be a JR look a like out side the ranch getting into his "new" TTA ;) :biggrin: :cool:

Ya,
But be careful you don't end up like JR, and get shot! :rolleyes:
Can just anyone drive up and take pictures?
Gee, all you would need, would be some pretty girls in the background! Hint, hint! ;)

Jan,
Any junk yards out there? :D :wink:
How bad is their beer?

George :cool:

mr.turbota said:
Ya,
But be careful you don't end up like JR, and get shot! :rolleyes:
Can just anyone drive up and take pictures?
Gee, all you would need, would be some pretty girls in the background! Hint, hint! ;)

Yeah, it's kinda like a "park" over there. They have a convention center there, I had a end of the year "Band Banquet" there back in High School. :D

There's a website www.southfork.com that I found to get that picture earlier today. I also found out that there really is a Ewing Family who owned Southfork and whom the show was based on . . . and oddly enough, it's the same family that owns some Dallas Car Dealerships . . . Ewing Pontiac, Buick, GMC, Mercedes. I never put two and two together.

LITTLE FYI: The original owner of the ranch and his family were actually in residence at Southfork as the filming began. When requests for private parties began to pour in, tents were erected and a small party pavilion was built to accommodate these types of events. However, tourism finally took its toll on the family, as it became increasingly hard to live privately in what had become Dallas' leading visitor attraction. In 1985, Southfork became strictly a tourist attraction and event location. The mansion was opened to the public for the first time.

Back