You can type here any text you want

TTA Repro Emblems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
Hello all...

I just rec'd a TTA emblem keychain from CarMotorsports.

I assume (to make it financially sensable, esp since these were HAND MADE by a jewler??) it would be made out of either the nose emblem or sail panel emblem.

It's WAAYY too small to be the nose emblem.

It's also about 1/8 inch (all the way around, AT LEAST) too small to be the sail panel emblem. Certainly a VERY noticable size difference. WAYYYY bigger than the map pocket.

As most (if not all) of our cars do have, mine is CERTAINLY original emblems.

Not sure what's up, but food for thought before purchasing $500+ repro emblems.

Otherwise, it's absolutely beautiful!!!

Anyone else notice this? Or purchased replacement emblems??? I really want to purchase replacement emblems to keep the originals. This keychain really appears FAR better quality than the originals.

I just wouldn't want to buy until someone makes them AT LEAST the correct size.

Not at all trying to flame. I'm happy with it. But assume this would be made from one of the emblems on the car. Othewise, it's a 4th size of the same emblem. Which would make this a MUCH more expensive item to produce.

Just wondering...

Michael

The keychaine is not supposed to be the same size as any of the emblems on the car, it the right size for your pocket :-)

The repro emblems are as butifull as they key chain but the correct size as per the original emblems. But quality and consistent color and otherwise identical (same manufacturing process I take it) as the key chaine you have bought already. If you buy the set on e-bay you even get some other pins and stuff for the $499 USD They all come with the double sided tape ready to instal. I have them on my TTA since earlier this year and they look really good and I'm very pleased with them (see my sig links)

Thanks! We can always count on you...

Wow, so they went the 'extra mile' and got a 4th size made.

The quality is great. That's for sure. Just didn't want to drop the coin on emblems if they weren't correct.

So, they ARE the right sizes? Have you compared??

Chicago TTA,
I bought a set about a year ago. I found a few discrepacies between them and the NOS parts.

1. The rear tail bird has much more curvature than the original and is silghtly smaller in dimensions than the NOS part.

2. The sail panel, "TURBO" and "Indy" emblems ar slightly thiner than the NOS parts.

3. The finish is better on the reproduction parts with brighter whites and glossyer blacks.

4. The nose emblem has a darker gold than the NOS part but is closer to the original ones on my 5K Festival Car and my 4K Hardtop.

If I had a driver car, I would use the reproductions in a heart beat. But with a very low mile original car I would use the NOS parts.

- Dave

Thanks Dave, excellent info.

I'm surprised that my nos emblems are flaking. If this car was even washed 5 times I'd be surprised.

Dave is right on the rear white bird emblem, I remember the curvature issue. You can warm it up slightly and press it under a thick book or so to flatten in back out a bit, I think this would take care of the size issue as well.

The other emblems I found to be the correct size and very close in thickness. Remember there is 15 years between the manucaturing processes and thngs have changed, to the better I hope :-)

I've had the emblems on my car since June (rear tail light white bird since April) and they still look like when I put them on and I've washed my car more than 5 times :-)

I have some NOS emblems as well, never used, and they are not consistent in color and the gold is not even consistent "yellow" on the same emblem .... but as Dave said for a low millage "museum" piece I would put the NOS ones on it I guess. If you need some NOS ones I might consider selling a nose and fender Turbo ones, just let me know.

Originally posted by chicagoTTA
Thanks Dave, excellent info.

I'm surprised that my nos emblems are flaking. If this car was even washed 5 times I'd be surprised.

Both my cars have similar mileage to yours and both of them have some ware issues on some of the emblems. But then I might be much more picky than most. My experience with reproduction parts has never been very good. But I will say these reproduction emblems are some of the best reproduction parts I have ever seen.

- Dave

If the key chain is any indication of quality and attention to detail, I agree these are FAR superior to any Repro's I've seen as well.

But c'mon... same size can't be that hard!

I will be purchasing a set. Seems like, if they're off... not TOO much. And I can't see purchasing an NOS set for HUGE $$$$$ if they'll deteriorate in a bag too!

The NOS ones suck, we all know it.

Why pay a grand for the set? The unused ones will look just like my 4k mile ones after 16 years.

Thanks Dave...

Back