You can type here any text you want

TTA Starter wiring

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

milesengineer2

alright, another question.

in the process of putting the motor back in and came to a snafu with the starter, what wires go where? i figured out the wire from the battery, but the two small posts have me baffled. I labeled them but it has been so long that the ink wore off. thanks for the assistance.

The purple wire goes on the terminal marked (S). all of the other ones go on the Battery cable terminal. ALL GM cars use a purple wire to crank the engine when the ignition switch is in the "start" position. If you look at the front of the starter solenoid you will see the marks (on the small terminals) "I" and "S". We don't use the "I" terminal as it is used for / on cars with a distributor ignition. If this does not make sence to you - send a private "E-mail" to me with your phone number, and I will walk you through it. Good luck--- turbota
P.S. put ALL of the small wires on the battery cable terminal before you install the battery cable -- this will control the twist of the smaller ones when you tighten the nut on the solenoid.

Back