You can type here any text you want

TTA Tranny Swap "Complete" into a GN?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChiefAops

TTA Tranny Swap "Complete" into a GN
Please advise- I want to swap a tranny from a TTA into an 87 GN. I have heard the valve body may be slightly different and want to know:
A) How this will effect anything?
B) If this will effect anything, what modification(s) do I need to do?

TIA!
Alan

Same transmission. Only thing is it suppossedly doesnt "clunk" as bad when you put it into gear. thats it..not worth the trouble.

Better sell it since the tags on the case are special..TTF vs BRF for the GN

I thought it was only going into reverse that it wouldn't clunk as bad

Definately sell it though, I think the VSS is different also.:D :D

Other then the tags and the VSS-- will it mate up and work? I have a race tranny in my TTA and just want to swap it into my GN and race that car for a while...
Thanks!

Everything goes in the same. TTA has a different vss and a different color gear in there also I believe, blue if I remember for TTA? Green for the GN? different tooth count maybe. Held in by one bolt one the rear. Swap in the pair from your GN tranny and you should be fine. Thats the only difference I remember.

I would think that maybe the governor could be different due to the different rear end ratios. Maybe check them out and swap them if different. This way your shift points remain the same in the GN.

I think the TCC is different too.
I'm looking for a TTA transmission if your looking to sell it.

Back