You can type here any text you want

TTA trans cooler line clips and starter wire harness clip question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Putting my engine back together (bottom end all done so far) but realised the clips holding the transmission cooler lines to the studs on the engine oil pan can face two ways and cant find any pictures of them anywhere. clips at front and rear of oil pan on the driver side.

Same goes for the clip that holds the starter motor wire harness in place, attached to the oil pan stud on the passanger side (front of engine just below engine mount).

See pictures below, all clips are probabrly black original I had the trans cooler line clips zink plated and the starter wire harness clip powder coated.

Anyway if you don't mind looking at your TTA and help out would be great so can get them installed the correct way. Just let me know if I got them right or wrong. Photos taken in engine stand with oil pan facing up so will be the other way around when installed in the car.

Attachments

• TTA_transcoolerlines_clip.jpg
    TTA_transcoolerlines_clip.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 178
  • TTA_wireharness_clip.jpg
    TTA_wireharness_clip.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 173
Anyone doing some work on their car and can check while under there :cool:

Howdy Jan
Havn't looked at this forum in months. Hope yer doin' well. Took a look in the garrage and you have all the clips up side down. The offset goes toward the top of the car, away from the pan. The foreward most trans line clip on mycar is one bolt back from your photo, but I had the pan off years ago to do a rear main seal and I may have set it back one hole.

HTH
Glenn

Hey Glenn and happy new year!

Yep things are good, engine coming together nicely ... 1 1/2 year project so far so will be nice to drive it this spring/summer (I hope at least) ...

Hope things are well at your end.

Thanks for letting me know about those clips, thought I took pictures of everything but could not find any so probabrly forgot :p

Have to double check the clips for the trans cooler lines to see if they need to be moved or not, got new cooler lines in stainless from "classic tube".

If you have time can you check and see if there's a identical clip holding the cooler lines to the passanger side IC bracket (the bottom bolt on the bracket in the IC)? I've seen one photo of a TTA where it looks like there's a identical clip in that place as you have on the oilpan rail holding the trans cooler lines up front. I'm missing this one on mine but the engine been messed with several times before I bought it so I suspect it's missing.

Jan,
I'd recommend a cork style gasket for the pan. Those rubber Felpro ones have been known to give issues.

Just an FYI to save you a headache.

Jan,
I'd recommend a cork style gasket for the pan. Those rubber Felpro ones have been known to give issues.

Just an FYI to save you a headache.

Thanks Julio, I thought about that at some point ... I should have a cork gasket around here somewhere I can swap too.

Do I use factory torque specs witht the cork gasket as well?

Yes. I glue my gaskets down and make sure dont over TQ the gasket as it can split. If your really anal about it, use loctite blue on the oil pan bolts so they dont back out.

HTH

Jan
There is a trans line clip on the passenger side IC support, located toward the center of the car, supporting the tubes as they run across the car. It is the same clip as th other two trans line upports. I can take a pic tomorrow if ya need it.

Jan
There is a trans line clip on the passenger side IC support, located toward the center of the car, supporting the tubes as they run across the car. It is the same clip as th other two trans line upports. I can take a pic tomorrow if ya need it.

Thanks Glenn, that's what I suspected. If you can take a picture would be great.

Thanks Glenn, very helpful.

Yes Classic Tube can do them either in OEM material or stainless, just give them a call and they will sort you out.

Cheers

Back