You can type here any text you want

TTA vs GN chip.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

Anybody know if there is a difference in the chips? Is there a reason you can't use a GN chip in a TTA? Thanks

Yes they are basically the same. The only difference is the boost solenoid duty cycle setting is slightly higher on the TTA chip, but if the car has an adjustable wastegate, then it won't matter.

This is Eric's answer From the TT forum.

I'm sure Eric was giving a "practical" answer, but the TTA used the FWD heads with a different combustion chamber shape and piston dish, and as a result there are lots of little differences between the GN chips and the TTA chip in the part throttle timing map and other tables. Also, the fuel pressure regulator was set higher on the TTA so the injector constant is different. Without instrumentation could you ever actually notice if you put a GN chip in a TTA that has bigger injectors, aftermarket fuel pressure reg, and adjustable wastegate? No more than you do running a GN chip with GN1 or TA heads with their different chambers, which is why I say Eric's answer is the practical one, I'm just in the mood to harvest a nit or two :-).

The TTA chip has completely different fueling parameters, from warm-up O/L, idle rpm, through PE. As Carl said, timing changes for different heads. More spark advance from 2800 rpm on up and different boost values for the stock wastegate solenoid. The engine management for these cars is a "system" and changes to one or more component affects the entire system. The TTA chip was designed for the TTA system and the GN chip for the GN. I would not put a TTA chip in a GN unless your purpose is to test the knock sensor. ;)

The TTA chip has completely different fueling parameters, from warm-up O/L, idle rpm, through PE. As Carl said, timing changes for different heads. More spark advance from 2800 rpm on up and different boost values for the stock wastegate solenoid. The engine management for these cars is a "system" and changes to one or more component affects the entire system. The TTA chip was designed for the TTA system and the GN chip for the GN. I would not put a TTA chip in a GN unless your purpose is to test the knock sensor. ;)
Well why would Eric say what he said?

Sorry, I made the assumption that the question was about "my" chips. Carl and Dennis are talking about the stock chips.

Sorry, I made the assumption that the question was about "my" chips. Carl and Dennis are talking about the stock chips.
Eric for me your assumption was correct. I guess I should've worded my question better. Thanks!

So Eric, can i run my 91 octane stock TTA chip in my buick gn which is stock? I've since upgraded the TTA but my
GN is basically stock.

Is it one of my chips? If yes, then yes, but the boost may be too high. If you can adjust the boost, then it will work.
Eric

Yes its one of yours. Right now i dont have a way to control boost but its good to know i can use it temporarily as i upgrade.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back