You can type here any text you want

TTA VSS needed ASAP

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Someone once told me that Autozone carried it. The story was his tranny shop broke it.. and Autozone had one on the shelf.

Dont know if this is true..

HTH

called around to the parts stores and they list 3 different numbers for the VSS

problem is I never had 1--car is being put together by the previous owner and he can't find the original VSS

anyone know the number I need ??

Last I heard they were discontinued.
I'd tried years ago to track one down.
You might have to go to a regular speedo cable output, and then run a VSS off of that.

They make aftermarket ones for the 2004R, I think it's the same as the 700R4 unit.

A good parts store(ie not autozone/pep boys)should be able to get you one no problem.

HTH,
Steve

I have been working on 2 TTAs in the shop that i work in and the VSSs in the 200s are not the same as a 700R4 (I have a 89 formula 350).. the only thing i can tell you is the VSS (on the TTA) has the letters DR on the side and it has a 28 or 29 tooth gear..

I need a vss also cause i just bought one of the stock 40,000 mile transmissions for my formula....

I have the last REAL DELCO Brand new one in the box. I also have the correct new drive gear and bushing (still in the wrappers ) I am going to sell my car #70 - Real festival car - so i would consider parting with some of this TTA stuff. I paid over $100 for this stuff so if you need it , make me an offer. :) The TTA has to go this week so I will probably be getting rid of all the stuff I have accumulated over the years NO LIST YET. Thanx, Turbota #70

vss

What's different with these parts? Aren't they the same as GTA? Can't you just mix and match the gears? I don't know, so please educate me.
Dale
PS gear colors properly matched got my ttype speedo correct. Shop manual gives combos. I know one is mechanical, the other electronic, but isn't it still gear drive? or is it pulse driven? Sorry for my ignorance.

I'm just learning this stuff myself

GN has speedometer cable type sender at the trans

TTA has electrical plug in type sender at the trans-both gear driven inside the trans

haven't even started messing with the plastic gears to match rearend ratio

v-8 powered GTA's have 700r4 --- completely different than the BUick 2004r

I got 2 leads to buy correct TTA VSS gonna buy both just in case

caspers also has some parts

I am thinking about putting the 3.45 gear set in my stock hardtop from a 5 speed 305 TPI car. What would I have to change to make the speedo work properly?

Thanks,
Dave

Back