TTA - What's it worth?

rastaz

aka 80's Rob
Hey guys,

I'm looking at possibly getting a TTA. I'm not sure of the # of this car yet but it has a tan leather interior and t-tops. Also the guy has all the decals and literature that came with the car. There is 30,000 miles on it so it is in really nice shape.

What do you guys think this car is worth?

It is a pretty difficult question to answer without seeing the car. After recently going through a TTA purchase myself, I will try to give you an idea.
If the car has no accidents, or mods and is in excellent condition I would think it would sell for around $12k. I looked at a 19,600 mile TTA with all emblems, owners kit etc and it was $13,000 firm so I would think with the extra miles this TTA should not sell for more than that. If you decide to spend in the $15k range you would probably land a TTA with under 10,000 miles as this appears to be the range they are selling for on the auto trader website. If you do not know a lot about these cars or turbo regals have someone in 'the know' check it out for you.
The price may be firm or flexible depending on how common TTAs are in your neck of the woods. The prices of these cars vary across the country. Good luck and keep us posted if you decide to pick it up or find out the price. Thanks.

Well this guy is asking $15,500 and he seems pretty firm although I haven't tried to negotiate yet. It sounds like he is priced a little high tho. There's about 3 million people in this area and I only know of 3 TTA's so I would say that they are pretty uncommon around here.

Its hard to corelate US prices to a car located in Canada. These cars are especially rare up here and the prospect of importing one makes the ones up here more valuable. I brought my TTA through customs in Alberta a few weeks ago, using the exact same procedure I used this time last year when I imported my Syclone. This time around U.S. customs almost seized the car and levied me a $500US fine.

Plus there is no GST on a private sale up here as there would be importing one across the border. Basically, IMHO, a TTA in Canada is more valuable than the "market value" to a Canadian and less valuable to an American.

BTW, is this the TTA that's been for sale in Edmonton for awhile?

No it is a car local to the lower mainland of BC. I agree with you and understand why TTA's might be a little more up here as this guy already dealt with the cost of importing it from the US, registering it, etc.

I'm curious though what the mileage and asking price is for that one in Edmonton? I gather it must be ridiculous as you say it has been for sale for awhile and you didn't buy it. ;) :D

Buy it Rob! Then you can have your own Turbo Fleet ;)

Is this the guy that Gurts got his car from? He has two TTA's doesn't he?

Clayton,

Buying one is the easy part...

Convincing my wife that the TTA isn't a disco 80's car & that we need to sell her Z28 to help pay for it & that the Yukon would be a great daily driver for her are the stumbling blocks.

Anyways, the guy sold the one I was interested in and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get the other one for a reasonable price. But I'm going to see it tonight anyways just because...

Here is the car in Edmonton...http://www.davesclassiccars.com/Cars_scroll_bar.htm

I didn't get it because #1 I had already purchased mine when some friends pointed this one out to me, and #2 I have zero interest in a leather/T-top car. I passed over an 1100 and 93 mile Leather/T-Top cars, and a low mileage GNX, to get my cloth/hardtop. No regrets, although I am now back on the trail of a GNX.

BTW, just so everyone in BC knows, GNX #538 now resides in Grande Prairie, Alberta. Amazing that by this time next year a small little (35,000) town in northern Alberta will have two GNXs. I'll post pics of this car, which just arrived two weeks ago, on my site soon.

Let me know if you are interested in the car in Edmonton and I'll have it checked out for you. LAter, and good luck with your search. Awesome cars. :D

Originally posted by rastaz
Clayton,

Buying one is the easy part...

Convincing my wife that the TTA isn't a disco 80's car & that we need to sell her Z28 to help pay for it & that the Yukon would be a great daily driver for her are the stumbling blocks.

Anyways, the guy sold the one I was interested in and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get the other one for a reasonable price. But I'm going to see it tonight anyways just because...

mmmm.... Wife.... gotcha. Can't help on that one. I'm trying to convince mine that we need another TR also. Negotiations are not going well so far ;)

Thanks Dean, that link was very helpful. That's an awesome collection you have.

Clayton I feel your pain, I'm using all sorts of angles here and I think I might be getting through on a couple of them. I'll let you know what works and what doesn't :D The guy has come down big time in price and we are now within a few grand. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :)