You can type here any text you want

TTA with digital dash ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MiamiTTA

Has anyone ever installed a GTA Digital dash into a TTA?

Is this even possible?
My buddy has a GTA with digital dash and they look awsome..

Not sue if I would ever swap one into my TTA, but I wonder what goes into swapping one of those in there..

:confused:

the swap is easy if you have the plugs or better yet the whole dash and harness...if you want the whole thing i know where you can get one..just email me and ill put you in touch with him..he is asking 500 for the whole dash including harness..in the tta though id prefer the anolog dash..but both look very cool!!

From what I know the rpm gauge from the digital setup I was told will not work on the tta, just as the v8 tach will not work...

You also need all the door pins that tells the display your doors and hatch are open, as well as the low coolant switch and fuel level sender...

Too much of a p.i.t.a for me.....

Good luck with your IBM project ;)

Circuit board heaven :)

They may look cool but from what I hear they are a nightmare to keep running. Tons of issues with them! I have a friend with a 88 GTA and he's ready to pull that digital dash out and throw it in the trash! :eek:

I had an 87 TA with a digital dash. It was always blowing fuses and some sections stopped lighting up/working. The car only had like 79k miles on it. It was neat for a while, when it worked. Eventually, the Atari-like novelty of it wore off- for me anyway.

As stated, I don't think the tach would work.

hehehe you guys are funny sometimes... yea screw the idea of the digi dash.. sounds like a pain.

Originally posted by MiamiTTA
Has anyone ever installed a GTA Digital dash into a TTA?

MiamiTTA,

Yes, one of the 5 pilot cars is a digital dash car. It is owned by Rich Van't Hof and is in Atlanta. This was the car used to do all the measuring for the motor, very cool. All the scribe marks are still on it and most of the parts have casted in them 'NOT FOR RESALE'. It is a Maroon 1988 GTA.

I've driven Rich's marron 88, pretty cool with the digital dash.

I would not undertake a project to swap the dash for the digital one even if I'm very familier with our cars and electronics ... not worht the hazzle but it would look cool for sure.

I had the digital´s in my the old car (-88 GTA) and I hated it. It looked cool, but they´re not accurate and therfore a PITA to read.

Corvettes had them and they had nightmare problem's with them .. I wouldn't want to create a monster :p

I also had the digital dash in my old GTA 88, and I liked it.

But as stated above, the instruments was not accurate. For example, the oil pressure gauge would go up in top and never go down to be seen again.

Also, the speedometer will not be able to keep up the pace with the acceleration. When I was accelerating hard with the GTA (if you can call it hard lol) the speedometers update rate was awful slow.

Daniel

Grumpy

Since when wouldnt you want to create a monster for someone else to deal with:p

Thats your style man:eek:

Back