You can type here any text you want

TTA1094 Track times

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Details of the run:
60' 1.588
330' 4.859
1/8 7.466
MPH 94.12
1000' 9.732
1/4 11.622
MPH 118.71

Razor
EMPTY WEIGHT: stock..full accessories including spare
BLOCK: stock 109
HEADS: stock 7662
TRANSMISSION: 2004r
TORQUE CONVERTER: 12 inch protorque
DIFFERENTIAL: stock 3.27
INTERCOOLER: stock untouched screen
THROTTLE BODY: stock 58mm
RJC POWER PLATE: yes
INJECTORS: MSD 50's
THERMOSTAT: 160
TURBOCHARGER: Precision PT51 w/PTE .63 housing
VALVE SPRINGS: 100 lb
MAF: stock GM
DOWN PIPE: THDP w/dump
EXHAUST: stock
FUEL PUMP: Walbro 307 shimmed
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR: Billet aluminum adjustable
FUEL PRESSURE: varies :)
ALCOHOL INJECTION: Yes
PROPAIN INJECTION: no
NITROUS: no
AIR FILTER AND AIR INTAKE: K&N 9 inch, solid MAF pipe by Grumpy
TIRE DESIGN, SIZE & AIR PRESSURE: MT 26x10 slicks 13 PSI
AIR BAG(s): none
SCAN TOOL: Scanmaster II, direct scan, and digital EGT
FUEL: 93 Amoco
CHIP: Own
CHIP TIMING: 21 degrees WOT
KNOCK RETARD: zero
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE: 740
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE: 1650
TRACK ELEVATION: zero
TEMPERATURE: 65
PEAK BOOST: 27
BOOST AT LAUNCH: 14
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE: 26,000

added... suspension mods not listed above. car has South Side Machine subframe connectors and a Hotchkis Strut tower brace to add rigidity.

added... Camshaft is stock GM as well

June 2003 with a 23 degree chip ran 7.55 at 93.11 with a 1.75 60 foot on BFG drag radials 1/8 mile track. That puts the car at a much faster ET 1/4 mile. Track conditions in the summer due to rain have inhibited more time to play. I believe now with the new rear end and trans, with better weather 11.40's are way possible given the cars state of tune. Fingers crossed for the 2004 season.

These cars are absolutely incredible in power and reliability. In the over two years of owning it and more than probably 500 track passes never has the motor been opened for damage. Still has the original timing chain.. thats how stock. In the next week or so, i'll be changing that. On my second transmission, and second rear end :D, trans has gone south again 11/03, but thats the price to pay running high boost levels on alcohol injection all the time. I dont know of any other local vehicles that have seen so much track abuse and never failed like this. Incredible.

No majic, just a little patience and perserverance.

Julio

Yep at 20 PSI boost since thats what the stock guage said :p

Like your run was at 20 PSI as well.. hehehe

I think I can run higher timing now that i'm flowing more alky..just the rear and tranny have set me back.

I was thinking 23 PSI with a 27-28 degree chip and seeing how it responds.. now that I have Posi again. :rolleyes:

What reason would I have to lie about what boost I was running? I don't care! :P

Starts with a P and ends with a Y ;)

More timing! More Timing! :D

11.40's are way possible given the cars state of tune.

I dont want to sound stupid but your going to have two goals 7.30's and 11.40's. Because your car is pretty much going to run around 4.1 seconds the second half of the track.

Now your car has to be tuned out pretty good to run the numbers your already running. Whats the plan for getting more out of it? More tunning? more boost? more timing? harder lauch? I see your mention of the new chip with more timing. Are you just planing on messing around with that new chip a bit to see what it can do for you? Good luck with your goal, hell there may be enough in that new tranny to get you there.

Jason

Upping the timing, not flaring the gears, leaning it out a little more, getting cooler air(not 80's), and new tires...

Its a work in progress. We have a track day rental on Jan 17th..i'm shooting for that day as a target.

:)

What rpms do you shift at and what are your plugs gapped at?

Jason

Plugs at 32 and shift at 4800-5000 :)

I've tried both the AC Delco's and NGK's with same results. I like the quality of the NGK's as far as packaging, and electrode alignment. The AC delcos typically have misaligned electrodes.

Never have had a plug/misfiring issue..

HTH

Razor:

I was just asking because of a post I read a while back. Some dude with a stage 2 motor picked up 100 hp when he gapped his plugs down from like .032 to .028. For almost exactly 2 years now Ive been fighting some kind of WOT higher boost mis. Its really hard to explain I cant hear it and the nock sensor wont pick it up. But you can feel it. The problem cleared up about 95% when I went from .035 to .032. There has still been a little some thing there though. I just took the car out last saturday and made a strong run up to 140mph with new R42LTS plugs gapped at .028. I dont think my car really felt any stronger but I did not have the impression that there was a slight mis there. I know your trying to run as hard as you can on that combo and I noticed you like to run some good boost and your talking about leaning it out a bit more. Both of which make it harder for the spark to jump the gap.

What NGK plugs do you run? Maybe I should try some of those.

Jason
p.s: when are you going to start pulling out some fuel because your adding propane?

Mike,

I was at New england dragway when your Lightning went that 12sec time. My brother was there with his TTA. He went 12.60 with a Joe L chip,19 lbs boost, drag radials, K&N, and dumptube. He bought Phil's race TTA. The one that went 11.50@121mpg. I'm buying the car soon.
Can anyone out there tell me what it takes to get these cars into the 10's.

Thx, Manny

Get Mike to drive it :D

and dump lots of $$$$

hehehe

Julio

Originally posted by postal
Razor:
What NGK plugs do you run? Maybe I should try some of those.

Jason
p.s: when are you going to start pulling out some fuel because your adding propane?

Plugs are the TR5.. no propane for me.. well not just yet

Progressive propane is on my board as the next item to do..coming to a trunk near you :)

Julio

Back