Ttop repair ? Costs?

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390167217.298168.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390167226.507377.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390167235.474608.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390167244.701121.jpg

Decided to remove the epoxy off my ttops and see how it looked. Found this underneath with the old weatherstripping. Id imagine this isnt the worst anyone has seen lol. Any ideas of what something like this costs to repair?

Nope.

Not the worst. About the same. Typical.

Check out the full thread in this same Resto forum where they replaced with new major body parts from Brian at Gbody.

I'm sure that OP can tell you about what it ended up costing him.
It wasn't insane, but of course, it wasn't nickels either.

You've been getting water in your A-pillars so you really need to yank the kick panels and carpet and get a good look at the floor pans / rockers as well.

I will do that, I live about an hour from Brian at Gbody, will shoot him a message and see if he knows anyone.

Brian definitely knows the OP as they commiserated on the fitment of the prototype parts.

LOL - at the "anyone"
I'll assume you mean - "the repairs"
This will surely open up a can o' worm flesh.
Re: repairing T-tops and welding.
Grab some popcorn
That's all I'm sayin' ;)

Brian definitely knows the OP as they commiserated on the fitment of the prototype parts.

LOL - at the "anyone"
I'll assume you mean - "the repairs"
This will surely open up a can o' worm flesh.
Re: repairing T-tops and welding.
Grab some popcorn
That's all I'm sayin' ;)

I didnt know if they did the repairs there or would want to. I sent him an email.

I didnt know if they did the repairs there or would want to. I sent him an email.

The original OP had his body shop do the work.
As I recall, they were more of a truck body repair shop - but it was heavy duty crap anyway, so no difference between a Kenworth and a GN A Pillar.
Welding is welding.
They seemed to do a good job.

Not that you need my review, but I might suggest you go ahead and wrap those visors, and take ALL of your interior out, bubble wrap it, and pack it away.
Door panels as well.
You will be doing some heavy duty cutting, grinding, welding, and there is not much that should remain of the interior during that process.
Cover your dash in a welding blanket and secure it with some temp fasteners
Yank the steering wheel off and store it. you'll need the room.
Get your ECM outta there.
Were it me - I'd clean out the entire interior to the sheet metal. (except for the dash)
Wrap wire harnesses with non flammable something.
Invest in a few welders blankets if you must.
There is no way to effectively work around any of that stuff, and the risk of fire is greatly enhanced.
Sucks - but unfortunately, necessary.

OK - I'll say it.
Remove battery connections now! Eliminates that possibility.
Purchase a couple fire extinguishers - no matter how many they tell you they have on hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that you need my review, but I might suggest you go ahead and wrap those visors, and take ALL of your interior out, bubble wrap it, and pack it away.
Door panels as well.
You will be doing some heavy duty cutting, grinding, welding, and there is not much that should remain of the interior during that process.
Cover your dash in a welding blanket and secure it with some temp fasteners
Yank the steering wheel off and store it. you'll need the room.
Get your ECM outta there.
Were it me - I'd clean out the entire interior to the sheet metal. (except for the dash)
Wrap wire harnesses with non flammable something.
Invest in a few welders blankets if you must.
There is no way to effectively work around any of that stuff, and the risk of fire is greatly enhanced.
Sucks - but unfortunately, necessary.

OK - I'll say it.
Remove battery connections now! Eliminates that possibility.
Purchase a couple fire extinguishers - no matter how many they tell you they have on hand.

Interior is already basically stripped, and will do for sure. I have full coverage lol

Just make sure your car has fire insurance before u drop it off.
At g body. Lol

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Just make sure your car has fire insurance before u drop it off.
At g body. Lol

Really shouldn't
That is dead and buried I would hope
No sense in reliving all that again.

I know I hinted, and then one hint leads to another hint, and before you know - we got a full on flaming contest going on.
We shouldn't. Really.

Interior is already basically stripped, and will do for sure. I have full coverage lol

Good deal.
I am a firm believer that a good prep job leads to a good finished product.
Pop your front glass trim off while you're at it. Tape your glass off and cover with something.
And any other exterior trim that looks like it will be in the way of grinding wheels.
I also pad the front of the hood for the case when a tool slides off and down the front glass.
That sorta stuff

Keep us posted with progress pics

My hood needs a paintjob lol, so wouldnt hurt my feelings. Going to get a better paintjob after the ttops get fixed. I got RC's painters number going to contact him tomorrow and get some ideas

Ok ok.
Guess ill just relax
grab a beer and Spark one up
And go watch the game

Pull the windshield and make sure it didn't rot in the corners and make sure door jamb area is not getting soft. Like stated above look behind kick panels. Pull the black sound deadening so you can inspect. Get in there with a light and a mirror.good luck

Didnt make it to the pillars and floor pans look good. Its mainly just the part you see in the pics. Debating on getting this repaired or just swapping to a hardtop.