You can type here any text you want

tube lower A Arms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PaCemkr86

WFO Racing
Staff member
got these from
GBodyParts.com Online

they fit perfect and look bad ass ! they match my tubular upper A arms

Attachments

• IMG_2210.JPG
    IMG_2210.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2211.JPG
    IMG_2211.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2214.JPG
    IMG_2214.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_2212.JPG
    IMG_2212.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 235
Looks great, wish we had waited a couple months. Just did the tube uppers with poly bushings and new ball joints in the stock lowers. Really don't want to mess with those front springs again.

Jim

Those look killer. Any issues with the install? Can you tell any difference in the handling? It also looks like you were able to install the stock springs and shocks.

Those look killer. Any issues with the install? Can you tell any difference in the handling? It also looks like you were able to install the stock springs and shocks.

yes stock springs and shocks.. did both sides at home with simple tools, didnt even use a spring compressor and was done in about 2 hours.. these were a direct bolt in..

just make sure you dont mix up the bolts to the a arms to the frame, as the front ones are longer then the back ones..

phil i hate you i really do. i would love to get brains upper and lower a-arms with his front end rebuild kit but damn its expensive. nice looking pics.

yes stock springs and shocks.. did both sides at home with simple tools, didnt even use a spring compressor and was done in about 2 hours.. these were a direct bolt in..

just make sure you dont mix up the bolts to the a arms to the frame, as the front ones are longer then the back ones..

Can't beat that. I have had my eye on those A arms for a couple of months now. Guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and do it. Sure looks good and I would like to shed some of weight off the front end.

what i want to know if using these upper control arms would change the ride quality because they dont have rubber bushings in them i want to get them but i dont want to get a harsh ride

didnt even use a spring compressor and was done in about 2 hours..

How did you do the job without a spring compressor? Curious for future reference...

A while back guys were discussing their methods for doing front end work without spring compressors, just want to see if you did something similar.

i used the jack and a 2x4 to get the springs back in,
the tubular uppers ride perfect, no noise, nice and soft, i also have them on my daily driver GN

pacemkr i was just making sure about the ride quality i have bilsteins all the way around and they are a little rough for my taste thanks for the info

Looking good Phil. How are you liking the rack n pinion now that you've had it for a few months?

major improvement over the s-10 box i was using, but i sure do miss the quick ratio GN pwr steering

to take the springs out without a spring compressor is easy...

jack up the car ,put jackstands under frame behind fender, let car down take off tire place jack under control arm(balljboint area) jack up untill suspension is compressed,remove shock,place a long prybar or long 1/2" extention(can also use chain run through spring and control arm bolt links together leaving a couple links loose to allow alittle movement of spring)run it in the side of the spring down through the middle of the spring where the shock was and ...slowly let the jack down,spring will pop slightly...let jack down rest of way then remove the spring...this is the way i've always done it....hope it helps..just use caution ..........joel

How did you do the job without a spring compressor? Curious for future reference...

A while back guys were discussing their methods for doing front end work without spring compressors, just want to see if you did something similar.

Taking the spring out is the easy part. To re-install the spring without a spring compressor ... now there's the rub. :eek:

What I do is leave the ball joint intact and remove the two bolts holding the A-arm to the frame with a floor jack supporting the A-arm. After removing the bolts, you lower the arm by slowly lowering the jack until there is no spring tension. Remove the spring. Reverse the procedure to re-install the springs without the use of a dangerous spring compressor. ;)

i'm an idiot...totally let out the part about take the spindal off...loosen castle nuts till their bout flush with the top of bolts ,take some pressure off jack ,take a bfh and ball joint front end fork ...give a whack... till they pop, take one nut off slowly release jack...............

It'll work with just the BFH.. the fork will damage the ball joints.

Was it worth converting over to the rack and pinion?

Back