turbo 6 for sale?

cendo54

does anyone know of a decent t type or grand nat'l for sale? always been on my list of cars to own. any pointers for model or year would be appreciated. thanks all.

Well just got to keep on looking, once in a while a good one pops up. 86 T-Type or a 87 Turbo T has the same intercooled engine 84 and the 85 are non intercooled. Search this site www.gnttype.org lots of info on Turbo Buicks. I seen that you checked out the one for 9K but with a salvage title thats not good.

thanks for the info. i see in your signature line you list an 84 for sale. is that still correct? also, i'm guessing that the 86 and 87 models are the probably the best years. could you put an intercooler on the 84-85? someone told me that it would be more work as the turbo set up is different. what would be a good price range that i can expect? thanks

Yes you could put a IC on the Hot Air models (84-85) and Spearco makes one but the plumbing is long so I will assume not a huge improvement for a FMIC. Pricing I would check around. And yes i'm selling the T-Type. I'll send you pm on the info on the T.

Blue Turbo T @ $8,000

My wife and I are looking into buying a home and I may need to sell "the blue fart" to help things along in that area of my life.

It has a clean title.

Excellent headliner (in fact, interior is "plushy").

Comes with gear shift knob attached.

Seat adjustments work great (albeit, manual style).

Power window work.

It only has 42,xxx miles on it and has some basic bolt on mod's.

The bad: lousy paint job, lousy bumper fillers, and the A/C needs looking at.

If you or anyone else is interested, give me a ring at 545-2190 or 389-0609.

Thanks,
David R

i want to get one that has a good body. don't want to pay another $2-3k on the car. although, i wouldn't mind taking a look to see the condition. pm me your phone number and i'll give you a call for an appt. thanks david.

Selling My 1987 G/N

Well, I've decided to sell my 1987 G/N as well. The Wife says I can get a Vette when we move to the Mainland! We'll see if that holds true...

I plan to get pics of it on the net this weekend with all the details, so see the sig line for the quick stats.

Has 98,000 miles, with tons of new parts: starter, alternater, radiator, master cylinder, battery, mass air flow meter, ICM, Headliner, Carpets, etc. Very clean car.

Only problem is no A/C (leaks) & no Cruise, but who needs those in Hawaii?!

I'll post a new thread to this board once I get all the info in order. Plan to ask $12,500 in the paper, but hoping for $11,000+.

Ronnie-D

Re: Selling My 1987 G/N

Originally posted by Ronnie-D
Well, I've decided to sell my 1987 G/N as well. The Wife says I can get a Vette when we move to the Mainland! We'll see if that holds true...

I plan to get pics of it on the net this weekend with all the details, so see the sig line for the quick stats.

Has 98,000 miles, with tons of new parts: starter, alternater, radiator, master cylinder, battery, mass air flow meter, ICM, Headliner, Carpets, etc. Very clean car.

Only problem is no A/C (leaks) & no Cruise, but who needs those in Hawaii?!

I'll post a new thread to this board once I get all the info in order. Plan to ask $12,500 in the paper, but hoping for $11,000+.

Ronnie-D
WOW!!! with these mods

87 Grand National w/ T-Tops.
3" Terry Houston DP & 3" Applied Technologies Dual Exhaust, Turbonetics Turbo w/ stock intercooler, Bluestripes, Hotwired 340, Kenne-Bell Regulator, 93 Pit Bull Chip, K&N Air Filter, Bilsteins w/ rear airbags. 245/50 16 fronts, 255/50 16 rears. GNX-style Rims, Fenders & Louvers. 1000 watt custom stereo.

:D If only I were a fan of T-Tops, I'd jump on it. care to sell me those rims? I have Pro-Stars for core :D

87 G/N

Whoa did I start some Sh@t with that post... Yes, it's got a few bolt-ons, looks & runs great. No, I don't want to part it out - package deal.

I promise to to post the scoop in a few days & will give anyone in this group 1st look before I go public...

Thanks for the replies!
Ronnie-D

Mahalo Nui for the Post!

:eek: Aww shucks, you're makin' me blush!

Yup. That's sitting in the parking lot at the Officers' Club, looking out over North Beach with the Rifle Range Crater in the background. I live on that beach!!!

Thanks for the post. I've got someone considering at the car now, but if he doesn't want it, I'll post the rest of the pics with the stats this weekend.

Ronnie-D