You can type here any text you want

Turbo 6 Tuner questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EvilV6GN

I have downloaded the Turbo 6 Tuner demo and am very interested in this program. I have a couple of questions though, and although the BMC site has a nice messageboard, it seems that the heavier traffic here might help get my questions answered.

1) Can I control my boost into the 20 PSI level with the boost control option in the tuner?

2) What is the mysterious "FAPE" that I keep hearing about and how can I use this to tune my combination?

3) If I want to increase the timing my chip runs, do I have to edit all entries in the main spark table or is there another way to do this. For example if I wish to create a higher timing chip for alcohol use or what not?

4) Can I run an open loop idle to keep a smooth idle quality?

5) Is there any way to program an anti theft (thrasher style) option into my own chips?

Since I know nothing about hex code or programming, this seems like a good way to start optimizing my own combination. Also. does anybody know what the directscan/turbo 6 tuner combination goes for? I left a message for Bob on the phone last week but apparantly he didn't get the message. Thanks for any input.

T 6 Tuner

Hi Mr.Evil,
This is one of the best moves you can make The T-6 allows you to change most of the important parameters in your favorite street or strip chips. The nice thing about it is, that Bob has made a tuning manual that is easy to follow and most of all it is sold as a package ie; everything you would need. Sure u could have shop for different programs but since Bob put the package together. Plus when u have any questions or doubt about something call or E-Mail Bob. He is very helpful and available. Hope this helps,
Peachs :)

Originally posted by EvilV6GN

1) Can I control my boost into the 20 PSI level with the boost control option in the tuner?

2) What is the mysterious "FAPE" that I keep hearing about and how can I use this to tune my combination?

3) If I want to increase the timing my chip runs, do I have to edit all entries in the main spark table or is there another way to do this. For example if I wish to create a higher timing chip for alcohol use or what not?

4) Can I run an open loop idle to keep a smooth idle quality?

5) Is there any way to program an anti theft (thrasher style) option into my own chips?

Since I know nothing about hex code or programming, this seems like a good way to start optimizing my own combination. Also. does anybody know what the directscan/turbo 6 tuner combination goes for? I left a message for Bob on the phone last week but apparantly he didn't get the message. Thanks for any input.

1) No, not without modifing the actuator rod. The prom allows you to change the operating characteristics of how the WG is operated.

2) FAPE vs time, is an enrichment that is allowed based on time in PE. I makes up for the intercooler getting hot.

3) just increase the timing where you want to try more timing.
BUT a stock chip has just about too much timing everywhere.

4) Open loop idle doesn't guarantee a smooth idle. Proper AFR, timing, and commanded idle speed are biggies in getting a good idle. And a v6 won't idle as smooth as a v8.

5) no. IMO, it;s much better to hide a A-T switch. If your experimenting with chips, you can expect some stalls at some time or another, and the A-T can be a royal PITA in traffic.

Read Porgramming 101 over at DIY-EFI.

Back