You can type here any text you want

Turbo Buick hood, I need one

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
I recently had someone lay on the hood of my car (a complete stranger) and it warped and dented my hood pretty bad and my autobody instructor stated that hood are near impossible to repair, so ill probably need to get a new one. Does anyone have one WITH NO DENTS? I was also wondering if a GN hood would fit on my car?

you can fix almost any dents its just if you know how. do you have a unispot puller?

I am soooo sorry kid. You may be able to fix it. Matt really does know his body work if you haven't looked at his youtube vid, you should. We are fortunate that he's a B4Black guy and can advise us how how to fix things like this.

can I see some pic of the dent? If it’s like my quarter panel you can fix it. I fix things that should never have been saved. The only issue with fixing a bad hood is how much time you spend. Most of the time it’s cheaper to start with another one. All it takes is time. Do you live close to me? if you do maybe I can look at it and help you fix it.

Nah He is in Washington sate, watching Axmen.

Sounds like you have a crummy body instructor!!!!! and I must say that he told you a complete line of BS too.

I recently had someone lay on the hood of my car (a complete stranger) and it warped and dented my hood pretty bad and my autobody instructor stated that hood are near impossible to repair, so ill probably need to get a new one. Does anyone have one WITH NO DENTS? I was also wondering if a GN hood would fit on my car?

I hope you kicked his ass. I would have put another dent in the hood with his face. There's 3 things I don't put up with people messin with-my family, my friends, and my cars. Mess with me all you want:biggrin:;)

Yes a GN hood will fit. Gonna be a chunk of change for a hood so start saving and the meantime fix yours. I've had dented hoods and they are usually easily repaired with little effort

I hope you kicked his ass. I would have put another dent in the hood with his face. There's 3 things I don't put up with people messin with-my family, my friends, and my cars. Mess with me all you want:biggrin:;)

Yes a GN hood will fit. Gonna be a chunk of change for a hood so start saving and the meantime fix yours. I've had dented hoods and they are usually easily repaired with little effort

Im trying to stay away from using gallons of bondo on my car. As a matter of fact when I repaint my car Im going to try to not use any at all.:eek:

Nah He is in Washington sate, watching Axmen.

Sounds like you have a crummy body instructor!!!!! and I must say that he told you a complete line of BS too.

NOPE enjoying the sunny weather with the tops down:cool: amidst an electrical NIGHTMARE with my car right now:mad:

Im trying to stay away from using gallons of bondo on my car. As a matter of fact when I repaint my car Im going to try to not use any at all.:eek:

Nothing wrong with a little putty. The factory wouldn't have put it on your car if they were not ok with it. Lead = same thing.

Just fix your hood been doing bodywork forever your instructor is a lazy idiot and should be fired. Just remember blocksand blocksand blocksand and blocksand some more. Mike

Im trying to stay away from using gallons of bondo on my car. As a matter of fact when I repaint my car Im going to try to not use any at all.
you have to use a little body filler to get good results. the key word is a little.
Just remember blocksand blocksand blocksand and blocksand some more. Mike
he is right. just fix the hood.

Maybe you should posta pic of the hood. There's nothing wrong with using filler, when it's used correctly!

If you really don't want to use much filler and you cant reach the dents from under the hood, you could cut out the inner hood frame and weld it back in when the dents are out... just a thought. I finally found another 78-80 turbo hood for my 78, but the guy wants $100... I can buy a whole 79 front clip with the turbo hood for $350 from another guy... anyways, I would just save your money and fix the one you have. I'm with Matt tho... pics!:biggrin:

Back