You can type here any text you want

turbo buick in 84 cutlass

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo olds

Hi, new to the forum here. I just bought an 84 hotair motor and tranny, and I'm going to put it in my 84 cutlass, which previously had a chevy 350/th350. I've got all the wiring and harnesses, sensors, etc. I'm trying to line up everything I'll need for the install. My main question: I know I need to run an electric pump and a return line. Do I need a turbo car gas tank, or can the original tank for a carb'd motor be used with a inline pump and a return line somehow? My goal is to get the drive train running and driving soundly, then I'll worry about modding. So far I've pulled the oil pan, flipped the engine over and looked up into the cylinders while turning it over by hand. The cylinder walls all looked good, can still see the crosshatches. Supposedly the engine had 70K on it when the car was wrecked. I did a cylinder leakdown test and all the cylinders were in between 20-25%, which isn't terrible from what I've read. So basically I'm looking for any help anyone who's done the swap has to offer. Thanks in advance.

If you are going to run an external pump, your original tank will be fine. The only thing with the turbo gas tank is the baffling inside. The baffleing is there to keep fuel around the in tank pump so it doesn't run dry during fuel slosh.

Back