You can type here any text you want

Turbo cars other than TR's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nic87gnguy

Hey I've got my 87 GN and i wanted to get another turbo car. Anybody know of any other factory turbo cars by american car makers? I do know of the SVO Mustang and the Ford Turbo Thunderbird, but wanted to know what else is out there. Well I do know of some turbo imports to many to list. Thanks Nic.

New Chevy Cobalt SS is turbocharged. SRT 4 Caliber and Neon are aswell. I believe the Pontiac Solstice GXP model and a model of the Saturn SKY are too. Dodge Omni, Duster, Daytona, Shelby, Laser, Conquest, Stealth. Most of them are just rebadged Mitsubishi's. Syclone and Typhoon trucks. Plenty of options out there.

Don't forget the Turbo Caravan.:eek: Turbo Grand Prix (early 90s?). Turbo Monte Carlo in 1980. Turbo Sunbird(early 90s?)

Thought of more. Late 70s LeSabre had a turbo V6 option. 301 Turbo in the Trans Ams. Turbo Trans Am w/ 3.8 SFI Turbo

ok ill have to look up some new cars and trucks. i need to get a new dd, but i want a turbo powered dd. thanks guys and if you think of more let me know!

Dont forget the 1989-90 Turbo Grand Prix I had one very fun to drive

Mercedes CL65, Audi A4 2.0T, S4,S6,A6 2.7T, Porsche 911 Turbo, Saab 93, Subaru WRX STI, Mitu Evolution, 89TTA, and many more.

How about the almighty Toyota Supra, or the Stealth RT/ Mitu starion or 3000GT VR4, I can go on and on.....

But they are still nice turbo cars that can be used as a daily driver's. Not American but food for thought.

hey thanks guys i like the 1986 Mustang SOV 2.3 turbo inter. cars and the dodge caliber. but the srt4 caliber costs $27,000. I love the car a lot but dont want to spend that kind of money on a dd, id rather put more money in my GN! But the imports ill check them out, lot less! thanks guys, nic.

The turbo TA 81' model is a trickey set up. Non intercooled with a blow-through carb. Had cool 4 wheel disks though. They were VERY often damaged down here in the south with the heat. Jon Hanson
There was a guy in my high school that had an 86' SVO with a Esslinger built 4pot and man I used to love watching him do rolling burnouts from about 30mph.

Back