You can type here any text you want

Turbo elbow removal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

b4black

Has anyone ever removed the turbo's elbow with removing the turbo from the car? I tried once, but I couldn't get the lowest bolt off. The valve cover gets in the way.

I want to add a port to check exhaust back pressure. I thought about welding a bung to the top of the downpipe, but I like the idea of drilling and tapping the elbow instead.

Rich, since you almost have the elbow off see if you can borrow a 84/85 elbow. I have found a complete 84/85 system here locally, headers,crossover,uppipe, downpipe(3") & elbow for a good price just need to talk the wife into letting me get it. From talking with a few folks it seems that the turbos set in the same position just change the elbow and no need to custom cut a pipe. hmmm block will have to get the numbers off it again, or count the oil pan bolts. But I think it's a 14 bolt...Yep it's a 14 bolt block # 25514290.

Jim, go to bed! ;)

I looked into the 84/85 elbow. I believe it uses a different bolt pattern, like the 86/87 turbo. Maybe an adapter might work. If I could get a 84/85 turbo/DP cheap, I'd try experimenting, but I have doubts it will work.

Back