You can type here any text you want

Turbo MR2 on the freeway

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Roc87

11 Second V6
Headed back home after a good fathers day lunch when this Bright red MR2 with a few pillar gauges gets up next to me on the freeway. I look over at this guy and he looks to be around 20 and from how he's looking at the GN he obviously knows what they are. Right then, he "Sneezes" at me! I goosed it a little to let him know I heard him and was interested, I gave him the jump, mind you we're already doing around 80. I let him get about a car lenght and a half ahead of me when I let the turbo breathe a little bit. Buried the needle and looked around, he was waaaay back. Took a while to slow down enough to get to see the needle, and when the guy caught up he just gave me a nod and a smile. I figured I'd get the finger or something, but I guess he knew what he was getting into:D . That's when I noticed I forgot to shut off the A/C!:eek: :cool:

A/C was on! Great. No sense in breaking a sweat over an MR2! Good job.

What's the significance of the AC? Doesn't it shut off by itself at WOT?

And even if it doesn't, it's consuming what - ¼ horsepower?

Maybe because I was unaware that it shut off at WOT, and didn't know any better!:rolleyes:

Since you said you were already doing 80, I don't suppose you were going across Paseo, Huh??? :D

Good kill.

Hey Eric!
Yep, it was on the NM "Autobahn";) . Might be seeing you soon, my tranny doesn't seem to like me any more:eek:

i didn't know your a/c shuts off at WOT?!?!?!:confused: :confused: :confused:

i will have to try this!

Ok, if it's within the next few weeks, I am backed up with a bunch of standard trannies (opel), a couple 4L60E's and 2 powerglides. Plus I am trying to fix up my sis-in-law's Firebird (powerdyne, headers, posi, catback exhaust, Hurst billet shifter)...lots of goodies. Let me know as I don't know when I'll be heading back up there to visit or "work". ;) I have been trying to get up there to visit Lincoln, Jay, Chuck, Max (and his poor crashed GN) and whoever else comes along.

Back