Turbo mustang runs 8.26 @177mph at the Clash of the Titans.... ***VIDEO***

Well after doing a little more searcing on the 'net it appears that the clocks may have been screwed up on Kirk's 6 second pass with his 10.5" tire Camaro so it's not yet official:confused:
I really think Dan Millen's 10.5" tire single turbo SBF mustang will be the car to watch this year and from the sounds of it Jason Carter's 10.5" tire twin turbo SBC Malibu will also be in the hunt for the 6's.... Should be an interesting year of racing:)

Hey Winsett I remember watching you make some runs at redline a while back.I guess you were sorting out some things on the car.That car of yours is BAAAAAD!I can't wait to see it make a full pass with all its power.You were lifting at around the 330 mark at redline when I watched you.Was it too loose or was the tune off and you were saving the parts?I can't imagine what it would be like in a car that leaves the line like yours does ,or Hargetts or any of those cars for that matter.I think I'll stay safe hoping for some mid 10 1/4s and leave that stuff to you guys.Good luck this season.

Hey Brick. Most of the "W" cars are in the hi-150 to low 160 MPH range these days. We've got another 10.5W race this weekend at Shadyside, so there should be some big dog showing up for it. Most all the heavy hitters show up when Shadyside puts on an event. Linear, doesn't the Brainerd track owner, own the Stealth? It's a bad ride for sure. As for our site, my old webmaster took a dump on me and never got it finished. I'm hoping to get it together one of these days!! Oh, if you guys find anyone giving away an 1800HP or higher powerplant, let me know so my poor old TR will have something to look forward to!!!!!

Yea - for a while there my car was doing the driving and I was there for the 'ride' as it was... lately it has calmed down a bit as we have gotten over or through most of the issues with the clutch and suspension tweaks needed when switching to the manual. Now it is just time to see what a full pass results.

Most of the outlaw cars around here run really low 5's (in the 1/8th) - with the exception being the 4-5 cars that run in the higher 4's. None really do it 'all' the time on small tires. I have gotten my car to run 5.10 and that was an aborted run (stupid intercooler hose...) and it was at weight. So I feel that we may be in the hunt if we can remain consistent.

I also think that Millen given the right track and conditions could post a solid 6 something. He sure has the power.

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Winsett

I logged onto your site. Car looks very nice. I also looked at your dyno sheets. I was wondering what your car weighs and what it runs.

it is close to 2950 now - and has run a 5.10 in the 1/8th - so far...
I like to think it may have a .90 in it somewhere... depends on how hard we want to lean on it.

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Greg, I did a search and found that Winsett ran 5.10 @141mph in the 1/8th which would most likely equal an 8.00 to 7.80 in the 1/4 @ around 170+mph:eek:

5.10 @ 141 with a 1.24 60 - we were trying to keep the car from shaking hard - it has already broken a helmet and screwed up 2 working doors...

Like I mentioned and I think it has been discussed before - I looked at the logs and on the 5.10 pass the intake hose let go about just after 4 seconds in the run - When you loose boost and have the clutch locked up or at least enough RPMs to start to lock it up - you loose all power it actually dragged the car down some I would imagine. I grabbed the chute and shut it down. I knew it was packing the mail but I didn't think it was that fast in regards to ET.

To try and put it in relation - think of it like this... my car usually 60's somewhere in the low 1.20 range. According to the logs - I have already shifted 2nd and have locked back 1:1 by that time. This means that by the 330' mark I am in high 3rd and have been spooled up for 3.20 sec somewhere near 115 mph. To run a less than 2 second back side (from 330' to the 660) at anything over 2900lbs is moving in my book and like I said I have ran at lease 20 passes that were aborted at times like 5.20 - .50 with all kinds of crazy mph...

I just wanted to reiterate that Kevin was going about 120 give or take he had already tried to peddle it once or twice - the 3 stab the throttle peddle actually stuck behind the stop made for it so it was hang on time then... it completely ripped the car apart. When I seen the car up close I was looking for blood somewhere it was that bad. It only takes a little move to make a car with these kinds of HP get upset and then its on and the weekend becomes an expensive cleanup party.

I don’t really like to mention it but I have had people say the same crazy stuff about me and not lifting when I should. I actually got an ear full from LC in OK last year because of my last past 1000ft. sideways stunt... (Thanks again LC) JayC has gotten upset more than a few times as well... I am by no means going to say that I won’t lift - I have had to lift before... its just part of racing... I have seen Samuel make a 1/2 mile pass in the 1/4 in a PRO car and I was thinking (yelling rather) lift LIFT... anyone going this fast has thought about it and knows to expect it, small tire racing is even worse... If I am not racing for money its all about putting on a show and going fast, so expect some excitement when you see me race <LOL>

I think I have rambled enough ;)

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Originally posted by Michael McCoy
Linear, doesn't the Brainerd track owner, own the Stealth? It's a bad ride for sure. As for our site, my old webmaster took a dump on me and never got it finished. I'm hoping to get it together one of these days!! Oh, if you guys find anyone giving away an 1800HP or higher powerplant, let me know so my poor old TR will have something to look forward to!!!!!

heh, yeah the guy who runs Brainerd owns the car. It's wicked for sure. If no one in here has ever been in a blown alcohol car while it's running, it's definitely a rush. I think I'd wet myself if I actually got the chance to drive it, however. :D

A blown alky car is a blast to be around for sure Linear. A friend of mine has an outlaw Chevy II with one of Scotty Cannon's old blown 526's in it. All I can say is you gotta love it!!!!!