Turbo mustang runs 8.26 @177mph at the Clash of the Titans.... ***VIDEO***

There was a couple quick turbo Stangs in Albany, G.A. this past weekend. The quickest ones were in the 4.70's in the eighth.

:eek: too sweet. whats with the other guy, he launched and just kinda stopped.

Yeah the other stang with nitrous broke something from the looks of it....

Mike, 4.70's is really flying! Was this on a 10.5" tire?? Steve Kirk Jr seems to be the man to beat with his BBC/N20 4th gen Camaro because from what I've heard he ran in the high 6's @202mph on a 10.5" "W" tire and I think 4.50 or faster in the 1/8th!:eek: Too bad I wanted to see Millen or another turbo car to be the first to run 6's on a 10.5" tire :(

BTW, what's up with your site?? >>> www.tenfiveracing.com

Originally posted by Michael McCoy
There was a couple quick turbo Stangs in Albany, G.A. this past weekend. The quickest ones were in the 4.70's in the eighth.

Did you see the Stealth with the blown hemi in it? A friend of mine owns that. It's a hoot when it makes it down the track. :)

I think the FFW Drag Radial class has my attention. I know a few guys and the big hitters are running approx 8.3's @ 170mph on 325/50-15 BFG DR's!

Simply AUSOME!:cool:

I watched Kevin Hargett wreck his turbo stang last friday in the second round of KOTH at Kennedale.He was MOVING!Fortunately he walked away OK.

He was about 3/4 track when it got sideways.he was loose just about the whole way(those KOTH cars skate around like crazy).He never let out.I heard he said the throttle stuck,but he has a rep for not letting out.I think this is the second time he has crashed there if I'm not mistaken.He was ahead of the camaro he was racing and almost got T-boned by it as he crossed over and hit the guard rail.Lucky though he bounced over it and rolled in the grass before the camaro got there.That is how fast it happened.I have no doubt he would have made it to the final round,if not won.

Interesting. Unfortunately, Steve Grebeck got killed staying in the throttle (I have heard this from an experienced source whom also saw the accident). I for one have started getting out of the throttle immediately as it's better to race another day. Thanks for the reply.

Originally posted by ShouldofhadaV-8
Interesting. Unfortunately, Steve Grebeck got killed staying in the throttle (I have heard this from an experienced source whom also saw the accident). I for one have started getting out of the throttle immediately as it's better to race another day. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah but another good example of staying on the throttle and getting into a bad accident is a guy by the name of Jim Heavner who had a Pro 5.0 turbo mustang in West Palm Beach and crashed it at your local track (Moroso) during a private track rental about a year or so ago.... I know some guys that were at the rental and from what they said he unloaded the suspension (the car got loose) and he got off the throttle a little and then got back into it and as a result the car made a left turn into the wall at about 160mph and crashed.... There was a big explosion (fire) and there were pieces of the car (and the wall) all over the place, but luckly Jim was taken to the hospital and though badly injured he was okay.... I know Cal Hartline and Jack Cotton were also at this rental and it was supposedly a very cold night and the track was pretty slippery which obviously did not help the situation.... Bottom line is when you have a car that is seriously fast like a 7 or 6 second mustang there is NO room for mistake!!!

86brick

I agree with you, and I heard about Jim Heavner also.
I think getting out of the throttle applies to anything in the 11's and faster. It's just not worth it. By the way, where are you out of? I'm wondering if I know you (or vice versa).

My name is Steve and I'm now in the South Florida area (I won't say where exactly for some personal reasons).... Chances are if you know blackshoebox (Alex) I may have met you:)

It was cold out the night Kevin crashed.Good thing Kennedale is only 1/8 mile or it could have gotten nasty.Those cars were running in the 160s in the 1/8.

86brick

I met Alex when I was messing around riling everybody up, and then went to the track. They all thought I had a 14 sec Mustang and was talking trash. We all shook hands and talked for a while.
My name is Greg. I have a red hatchback.

Okay I'm pretty sure Alex mentioned meeting you at the track and how you were for real and not some troll like he had thought when you were messing around in the Florida section.... Maybe I'll get to see you make some passes with your Stang one day at Moroso or Bradenton (a much better track IMO):cool:

Later.

If you see me, walk up to me and introduce yourself.
By the way, Moroso is starting to take track prep a little more seriously. They are spraying VHT much more often, and spraying it on a little thicker. I need to go out there and launch off the trans brake with no low side chip. See ya out there maybe?

Hargett's throttle did stick - even though he is known for driving through some rough **** - the car is a total but at least he alright. I have on occasion helped him out and he has helped me out and I can tell you this - when a car is running as fast as most of these do there is very little you can do if the car gets out of shape. I know from experience that when the car gets loose it becomes the driver -- for anyone that knows me or my car, you know that I am a model of ‘lifting’ =)

I am looking forward to racing with the KOTH as soon as I get my tinwork finished up.

oh - and I don’t think anyone has ran over 198mph with a 10.5w and the times are somewhere at 7.teens... I could be way off as I don’t follow it real close but I think it will happen this year... and my bet is a mustang will do it...

Take care,
Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Greg, I'll be on the lookout for red hatchback Stangs at Moroso (especially the ones that run in the 9's):D

Winsett, from what I have found on the 'net Steve Kirk Jr has run 4.69 @156mph in the 1/8th and 6.88 @206mph in the 1/4 on a 10.5" tire to make him the fastest with his 4th gen Camaro:eek: