You can type here any text you want

Turbo oil drain line

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quick Turbo V6

Define stock!
What size should the drain line be for the turbos? I was going to feed it with -6. Thought about -8 return. Or should I go up to -10? This is on a TT Stage 2.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott,

A -8 return won't be large enough. I tried this and oil would back up in the return line and cause the car to smoke . The problem was worst at start up when the oil wasn't yet up to temp. I switched to a -10 return line and it hasn't been an issue since.

Neal

Neal,

Thanks for the info. Just when I thought I could save alittle bit of $ going with -8 stuff I had:(

Just like everything else on this car so far!:D

Scott

Scott, feed the turbos with -4 the -6 is too large, they will start smoking when the oil is cold.

Originally posted by top gun
Scott, feed the turbos with -4 the -6 is too large, they will start smoking when the oil is cold.

Thanks Dave. How did you guys do down in BG?

Scott

I know this post is old and my car is not anywhere near a stage II, but I have a question for you guys..........this is the only post I found talking about the oil drain tube causing some blockage in the turbo.

Right now I think my drain tube is kinked a little and causing a white/blue (fools you to think that is a headgasket or head, but yet has a oil smell to it)smoking from my car. Noticed it fades a little once warm but still there. Would this cause my car to only be able to run 9# of boost..........oil holding the turbo from spinning fast enough(turbo is practically new). No turbo shaft play at all. The adj. rod is set for close to 20# too.

Hope you dont mind me posting in your section;)

Thanks much, Nick:cool:

Back