Turbo question

southpaw2_4

I own a 79' malibu and was wondering if it is possible to put a grand national turbo onto my 350 cid engine. If it is where could I go to gain info on how to do it. I guess you could say for now i am trying to get the fun of a grand national into my malibu....seeing how i don't have 16,000 right now to spend on a true authentic Grand National.

Turbo on your 350 - Not unless you want to spend a lot of money sorting the combination out fabricating partes etc. and don't get frustrated easily. The best way to "add some GN fun" to your chevy is to swap the motor/trans/rear (entire drive train) along with the fuel tank, lines and wiring. Everything should be a direct bolt in. The neat thing about the turbo 231 is that hundreds of guys have spent thousands of dollars and hours gaining experience making these things go - and (this is the important part) are willing to share the benefits with all. Go to www.gnttype.org and check it out. GN drive train in a 79 Malibu - can you spell sleeper?

Another thought (maybe a better one - certainly less complicated and probably more cost effective) would be to put a Buick 455 in your Malibu. Details are also on the gnttype.org website.

I would have no problem

I would have no problem fabricating parts, I have a lot of time to do that stuff. I just wanted to know if it could be done. If i was going to put the drive train in my car i mise well buy the whole friggen vehicle.