turbo rebuild kits

L

lalonde441

can someone tell me what is involved in a turbo rebuild kit? Thxs.

You mean what it comes with or what is involved to put it in? It should come with bushings, o-rings, seals, thrust and you can do it yourself as long as the shaft is and compressor wheel is fine. Look to PTE or Limit for the kit.

yup just what they come with not what is involved in install etc..
Thats all they come with??? Seems like a lot of money for not much parts.......wow.....guess im in the wrong business!? lol.

by the way while im at it.....how can i do it myself? any instructions on this? easy to do? do i need any special tools? How many hours labour would a shop charge to rebuild a turbo? thxs.

If you do decide to do it yourself, you may want to consider getting it electronically rebalanced. Since they spin at upwords of 100k rpm. Just my o2's worth. No sense in spending all that money on a rebuild then skimping on something like that.

i agree. ii think im just going to bring it into a shop and let them rebuild the turbo when it comes time to do so.

Summit makes a rebuil kit for the 84-91 buick 231 V6 Turbo, with Forged pistons its gonna cost $449.95, with Hypereutectic pistons its gonna cost $319.95, not bad for both prices and kit includes: pistons, piston rings, main, cam and rod bearings, high volume oil pump, gaskets, freeze plugs, plastigage and and assembly lube. The compression ratios are calculated with .30 over pistons