"Turbo Six Tuner" versus "Tunercat" chip tuning software...

Irid

I am interested in tweaking my own chips, and I've been looking at both of these packages, and was wondering if anyone with experience with either of these could chime up and state what they like about it, don't like, etc.

Particularly, is there anything that you can't do with either package, or do you have access to everything in the ROM's?

Thanks
Chris

-89TTA, TA49, Blue Tops, Thrasher 92 (108), Accufab Plenum, Power Plate, Knock Gauge, 3" catback, pre-luber, cro-moly panhard, in need of alky...

Originally posted by Irid
Particularly, is there anything that you can't do with either package, or do you have access to everything in the ROM's?

No commercial editor gives you access to everything in the prom, and it's highly unlikely that you'd ever need to get to everything in the prom. If you go to the GNType site there is a spreadsheet that lists all the info in the prom.
A goodly part of the prom is actual code, and unless you want to figure that out, there's no reason to even think about it.

The answer to your question is two part. As far as the software goes, we develop it for the Turbo Buicks, and work with Tunercat to produce it. We have done this for 2 years and continue to develope and improve it based on our users suggestions. So, the software is identical, as we improve the T6 Tuner, the Tunercat equavelant is the same. The second part of the question is that the Turbo Six Tuner is more than just software. We developed this as a package, specifically for Buick Turbo 6 cars. We provide everything you need in one convienent package and also give you that extra support and help. We even set up a bulletin board for users to post questions for other users to help with. I hope I answered everything for you, please feel free to contact me with any other questions.

Thanks,
Bob

I'm using Tunercat, mainly because I have other vehicles that use different .tdf editor file layouts, and Tunercat supports many different vehicles. Now although I have not yet used this function, it does have the ability to create your own .tdf file layout formats, thus allowing you to edit any address location on the chip wheather or not it was originally defined in the .tdf layout being used or not. So if there is a value on your 2732A chip that is not currently defined for Tunercat, you can create it with the TDF Editor and be able to edit it with the editor.

Just so everyone knows, the Turbo 6 Tuner is equally expandable as the Tunercat equvalant. We can support most 85-95 GM Vehicles.

Good info so far, thanks. One question, can you controll TCC lockup and wastegate duty cycle with the software?

Thanks
Chris

To answer the ?s above, yes, no matter what editor software you end up getting, the wastegate duty cycle and TCC lockup for 3rd and 4th gear should be one of the editor fields, the WG is a table vs. rpm or load (can't remember which).
For Tunercat, each additional .tdf file for another vehicle is $19, or you can use the .TDF editor if you know the chip layout to create your own, but can be very time consuming.
I'm sure the Tuner6 is similar since it is based from the TC folks.