You can type here any text you want

Turbo Tweak chip/EGR

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JST A 6

Shoulda kept the V8 in it
I've been having problems lately with blowing vacuum lines off when under boost, mainly where they fit into the little 2-line "boot" (for lack of a better word) that connects them to the EGR solenoid. Now that I have a Turbo Tweak chip installed (love it by the way:D ) can I just get rid of those lines and the solenoid? It's my understanding that the TT chip fully disables all EGR functions so will it throw any codes if I do this? Also, I'd love to get rid of the EGR valve to clean up my engine's appearance so is there any way I can do that and install a blockoff plate without any leaks on the stock intake & heads?

Thanks...

If you don't need it for emissions you can remove it.

Shouldn't throw any codes.

Most likely the problem is in the check valve in front of those lines, it should allow vacuum and block boost.

Common problem is they fail and blow the lines off the EGR.

If you just want to try to fix the real problem. :)

If you don't need it for emissions you can remove it.

Shouldn't throw any codes.

Most likely the problem is in the check valve in front of those lines, it should allow vacuum and block boost.

Common problem is they fail and blow the lines off the EGR.

If you just want to try to fix the real problem. :)

X2, check valve was bad on mine and the same thing was happening. That check valve also stops boost from going into the hvac controlls too so it would be wise to fix IMO. Caspers sells them or you could probably get them from the help section in autozone. Also check the one before the evap canister as well.

X2, check valve was bad on mine and the same thing was happening. That check valve also stops boost from going into the hvac controlls too so it would be wise to fix IMO. Caspers sells them or you could probably get them from the help section in autozone. Also check the one before the evap canister as well.

Thanks for the replies--I will look into this. Can somebody post a picture showing the one before the evap canister? As far as I can tell it has been removed from my GN by a previous owner. I recently installed a longer line to the evap canister so I could move it over a bit to make room for the cold air intake I'm planning on getting, and the old line didn't have a check valve in it...

Thanks

I would, but mine is no longer setup this way, check valve went bad before the egr so i used the one from the evap and moved the evap line to another tee after the good checkvalve/before the egr... It looke the same as the one on the egr and it used to be closer to the can if i remember correctly.

I just did remove my EGR today and installed an EGR block off plate.

No pics but the fuel cannister check valve should be right before the can in line with the rubber line coming off of the intake. At least that's how it is on mine.

The can? You mean the fuel cannister? Does the Turbo Tweak chip allow you to remove it and not throw a code?

I took mine off and ran the vent line from the gas tank up to the cap and ziptied it there. Garage kept, no fumes or any issues so far...been 3 years now.

I took mine off and ran the vent line from the gas tank up to the cap and ziptied it there.

The cap.....what cap? :confused:

Unless you mean you ran the vent line off the gas tank to the vacuum line that comes off the top of the plenum that feeds to the cannister. Perhaps this could also be done? As long as I keep the check valve in place?

Back