You can type here any text you want

turbo wastegate solenoid

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bobs84ttype

I am studying the operation of the systems on my car. just want to verify i understand how the solenoid works.
I believe that the solenoid must measure the manifold pressure and when it reaches the value on the chip the ecm operates the solenoid.

is this the only refference the ecm gets on manifold pressure?

is this done by applying manifold pressure to open the gate once psi is met?

does manfold pressure override the spring pressure in the actuator?

does the solenoid remain open to bleed pressure untill psi is met then close or does it remain closed then open to apply pressure in a positive action.

Thanks
Robert

............ I believe that the solenoid must measure the manifold pressure and when it reaches the value on the chip the ecm operates the solenoid.

is this the only refference the ecm gets on manifold pressure?

is this done by applying manifold pressure to open the gate once psi is met?

does manfold pressure override the spring pressure in the actuator?

does the solenoid remain open to bleed pressure untill psi is met then close or does it remain closed then open to apply pressure in a positive action.

Thanks
Robert

Unless you are running SD, the ECM has no clue what the vac/boost is, nor does it realy care. :wink:
(Read: No vac/pressure ref made to the ECM with a MAF chip)

The boost solenoid is “pulsed” by the ECM based on chip programmed parameters.
If you have a PowerLogger file, you can see it. ;)
Hope this helps.

controlling boost

would a mechanical controller be more accurate and simpler to tune?
i have looked at the rjc controller and was wondering if it replaces the electric soleniod?

would a mechanical controller be more accurate and simpler to tune?
i have looked at the rjc controller and was wondering if it replaces the electric soleniod?

Depends on what you are trying to do, and what boost you want to run.
Most adjust boost mechanically, but aftermarket boost controllers are available. ($$$$)

As far as "required accuracy" . . . IMO accuracy and repeatabiliuty of the control required depends on your set-up, the tune and how far you are to the edge.

Not sure what set-up you are running right now, but I would spend the money on a WB, EGT, alky, Ported heads, DP, exhaust, roller cam, chip, fuel pump, turbo upgrade, powerlogger, transmission, tires, etc.

Back