Turbobird is done

No. There was an oil pressure issue that I wasn't aware of due to the fact my previous mechanic told me my oil pressure gauge was just off and that my oil pressure was good. Well come to find out my oil pressure gauge was not off and I did have low oil pressure so now my #1 piston ring needs to be replaced, oil pump replaced, and turbo rebuilt again. Maybe have it back in a couple weeks.

Also just found out the top of the rod on that piston was slightly bent...this is getting fun. 3rd time the motor has been apart and I have driven it maybe a total of 2 months in the past 3 years. I love it.

Also just found out the top of the rod on that piston was slightly bent...this is getting fun. 3rd time the motor has been apart and I have driven it maybe a total of 2 months in the past 3 years. I love it.

You don't have to pay for all these again do you?

No clue right now. I don't know how an oil pressure issue would cause the rod to bend and Victory told me the machine shop said the #4 piston had damage to the top of it from the spark plug coming into contact with the piston head. How the ****?

Someone ****ed up somewhere and it wasn't me and I am not going to pay for **** that isn't my fault.

Well here is the offical list.

-2 Pistons were losing size so I need to replace those + Rings
-I guess all of the stock rods were starting to bend so the machine shop wants to replace them with HP rods
-Touch Hone the block
-Polish the crank
-Fresh Gaskets
-Rebalance
-Turbo Rebuild
-Oil pump replaced w/ HV oil pump (already have the HV timing cover)

Machine shop said I would just have to pay for parts, no labor. They are saying it was Sean since later it was determined the boost gauge was off when it was at his place & the alcohol wasn't working + he was having such a hard time with the car. But if that was true, then wouldn't I have ran into issues right after I got the car tuned and running at Victory Racing? So 400 bucks for the turbo rebuild, 400 or so for the rods, 120 for the pistons, and whatever the gaskets and rings cost.....

This project blows.

Wow man sorry your having trouble! Some times it takes awhile to work out the bugs but it sounds like your starting with a infestation!
Have yourself or someone look at the oil passages REAL good on the HV Cover. The've been having quality issues and some of the passages are too small or closed off completly! Please check all the passages in that cove before putting it back together!!!!! That could be some of your troubles!

I had some Head Issues keeping me from finishing up my car but they are resolved now and I can go forward again.. (crossing fingers)
Good luck man! Hang in there,
Scott~

Sorry that you're having so much trouble. You car is very nice though. At first I didn't really care for the later 3rd gen f-bodies but now they are my favorite for 3rd gens.

Eric what did you use for an intercooler and how did you get it to fit?

Nice car